independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 19th Aug 2019 5:49pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Joker trailer out.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/04/19 7:53am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Joker trailer out.

A different take on the charactor:

Looks astounding.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/04/19 9:19am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Reminds me of The King Of Comedy. Robert DeNiro is even in The Joker movie too. So far, it looks like this could be the best DC movie in years.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/04/19 11:20am

KoolEaze

avatar

I like the trailer and I think Joaquin Phoenix will be a great Joker but it´s going to feel strange without Batman in it. On the other hand the focus on him and lack of Batman might make the story more interesting, too.

I wonder if he´ll be mentioned briefly. They can´t make a movie about the Joker without at least mentioning him or Bruce Wayne in some way.

Too bad that Ben Affleck no longer wants to be Batman. I quite liked him in the Superman V Batman and would love to see more Batman movies with him, and Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/04/19 11:26am

KoolEaze

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Reminds me of The King Of Comedy. Robert DeNiro is even in The Joker movie too. So far, it looks like this could be the best DC movie in years.

Yes but the bar is very low anyway, so... lol

It looks like it´s indeed going to be the best DC movie in years, maybe even the best so far if you don´t count Nolan´s Batman trilogy as part of the DC Universe . Do you think the Joker alone is popular enough to attract huge audiences?

There are people who even prefer the Joker over Batman and who can´t wait for this movie to be released but I am not sure if the average movie fan is interested enough in that character alone.

.

I didn´t notice Robert De Niro in the trailer but good to know that he´ll be in a relevant movie again. His choices of roles in the past years have been hit and miss and his reputation has suffered from it.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/04/19 2:38pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I like the trailer and I think Joaquin Phoenix will be a great Joker but it´s going to feel strange without Batman in it. On the other hand the focus on him and lack of Batman might make the story more interesting, too.


I wonder if he´ll be mentioned briefly. They can´t make a movie about the Joker without at least mentioning him or Bruce Wayne in some way.


Too bad that Ben Affleck no longer wants to be Batman. I quite liked him in the Superman V Batman and would love to see more Batman movies with him, and Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.



The kid in the trailer is Bruce Wayne so it's safe to assume that Batman will NOT be in it. Plus, the guy on TV calling the Joker a coward is Thomas Wayne. My guess is that Joker won't take kindly to Thomas Wayne's insults and the movie will end with The Joker killing the Waynes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/04/19 2:43pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

KoolEaze said:



EmmaMcG said:


Reminds me of The King Of Comedy. Robert DeNiro is even in The Joker movie too. So far, it looks like this could be the best DC movie in years.

Yes but the bar is very low anyway, so... lol


It looks like it´s indeed going to be the best DC movie in years, maybe even the best so far if you don´t count Nolan´s Batman trilogy as part of the DC Universe . Do you think the Joker alone is popular enough to attract huge audiences?


There are people who even prefer the Joker over Batman and who can´t wait for this movie to be released but I am not sure if the average movie fan is interested enough in that character alone.


.


I didn´t notice Robert De Niro in the trailer but good to know that he´ll be in a relevant movie again. His choices of roles in the past years have been hit and miss and his reputation has suffered from it.




DeNiro plays the television host. You only see him briefly and he has no lines in the trailer but he's there. In fairness to Bobby, his 2019 could be great. The Joker is looking good and The Irishman, a gangster movie directed by Martin Scorsese and starring DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci and Harvey Keitel has the potential to be the best movie of the year.

I don't like the Nolan movies. Batman Begins was good, The Dark Knight was just OK and The Dark Knight Rises was boring as fuck.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/04/19 4:06pm

onlyforaminute

I think I'm very interested.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/05/19 10:42am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I'm not sure there is much of anyone else that could play a role like this than Joaquin Phoenix. There just isn't anyone who has that oddball edginess about them in a way that could translate well to a backstory film about someone so insane and maniacal like the Joker.

Clearly, there's a difference in storylines from dropping Jack Napier into a vat of chemicals versus that of just dropping a fragile human being into society. Let's face it, we all have a little joker inside us somewhere.

I think some DC movies are boring because frankly, the characters aren't that interesting. The DC universe is good and all, but their movies have never faired quite as well as Marvel. I found Wonder Woman to be boring as hell. Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience. Maybe that's part of DC's problem though, a lot of their stuff ended up on TV, instead of trying to invest in a long storyline arch through movies. The TV shows often become the villain of the week type things, the way the older campy Batman and Robin became. To its credit, Smallville - while considered an alternate take on the Superman lore - dug into potential relationships between Clark and other characters.

I'm looking forward to the movie. An origin film like this, about a character like this, as the potential to be incredibly enticing and engaging.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/05/19 11:18am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Y'all know how I feel about backstories.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/05/19 11:24am

damosuzuki

joaquin phoenix in this role makes me very excited.

though having todd phillips as a director makes me tamp down my enthusiasm a bit.

i love the looks of the trailer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/09/19 8:19pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Reminds me of The King Of Comedy. Robert DeNiro is even in The Joker movie too. So far, it looks like this could be the best DC movie in years.

Don't think it's better than Wonder Woman

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/10/19 9:41am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I'm not sure there is much of anyone else that could play a role like this than Joaquin Phoenix. There just isn't anyone who has that oddball edginess about them in a way that could translate well to a backstory film about someone so insane and maniacal like the Joker.

Clearly, there's a difference in storylines from dropping Jack Napier into a vat of chemicals versus that of just dropping a fragile human being into society. Let's face it, we all have a little joker inside us somewhere.

I think some DC movies are boring because frankly, the characters aren't that interesting. The DC universe is good and all, but their movies have never faired quite as well as Marvel. I found Wonder Woman to be boring as hell. Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience. Maybe that's part of DC's problem though, a lot of their stuff ended up on TV, instead of trying to invest in a long storyline arch through movies. The TV shows often become the villain of the week type things, the way the older campy Batman and Robin became. To its credit, Smallville - while considered an alternate take on the Superman lore - dug into potential relationships between Clark and other characters.

I'm looking forward to the movie. An origin film like this, about a character like this, as the potential to be incredibly enticing and engaging.

What are you talking about?? Arrow has been on the air for 8 seasons (final season) and Flash and Supergirl have been on the air like 5 or 6 seasons now. With the exception of Marvels Agents of Shield it's the Marvel tv shows struggling to find an audience like Marvels inhumans and the Gifted (both cancelled now). Netflix is dumping all their Marvel shows. And it's not just the Villian of the week, all the shows have year long stories lines (like Smallville). The best super hero tv show on the air is Gotham. Yes I haven't really been happy with the DC Movies (except for Wonder Woman) but Marvel had some Turkeys as well, the first Hulk, Dare Devil,Punisher, Ghost Rider,Elecctra Howard the Duck,Fantastic 4, X-Men (at best I give them a grade of C, good casting but boring movies). Marvel has gotten better but still had some bad later on movies such as Venom, Iron Man 2, The new un-fantastic 4, Spiderman the one with Jamie Foxx in it. Some of DC best stuff is in it's animation movies and tv shows like Justice Unlimited and Batman the Animated TV series.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/10/19 11:10am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


Reminds me of The King Of Comedy. Robert DeNiro is even in The Joker movie too. So far, it looks like this could be the best DC movie in years.

Don't think it's better than Wonder Woman



We won't know until it's out but if the movie lives up to the trailer, I think it could be. My only real worry with The Joker is the director. This is the same man who directed The Hangover, a movie which I hate with a passion.

Wonder Woman was great though and aside from the final 20 minutes, I'd say it was one of the best superhero movies of all time. It just ticks all the boxes. Gal Gadot is perfect casting. The movie told her origin story well without ever becoming boring, like a lot of superhero origin stories are. Also, every great hero needs their own great theme music. Superman has the John Williams theme, Batman has the Danny Elfman theme. And now Wonder Woman has her own theme music too. I also really liked the villain. Not Ares, I'm talking about Dr. Poison herself. For me, she was by far the better villain and the best of the entire DCEU.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/10/19 11:17am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

TrivialPursuit said:

Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience.

What are you talking about?? Arrow has been on the air for 8 seasons (final season) and Flash and Supergirl have been on the air like 5 or 6 seasons now.


I watched Arrow and Flash. I guess maybe I grew tired of them. They became, at some point, formulaic for me. Arrow had the more interesting back story throughout, though.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/10/19 11:32am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



TrivialPursuit said:


I'm not sure there is much of anyone else that could play a role like this than Joaquin Phoenix. There just isn't anyone who has that oddball edginess about them in a way that could translate well to a backstory film about someone so insane and maniacal like the Joker.

Clearly, there's a difference in storylines from dropping Jack Napier into a vat of chemicals versus that of just dropping a fragile human being into society. Let's face it, we all have a little joker inside us somewhere.

I think some DC movies are boring because frankly, the characters aren't that interesting. The DC universe is good and all, but their movies have never faired quite as well as Marvel. I found Wonder Woman to be boring as hell. Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience. Maybe that's part of DC's problem though, a lot of their stuff ended up on TV, instead of trying to invest in a long storyline arch through movies. The TV shows often become the villain of the week type things, the way the older campy Batman and Robin became. To its credit, Smallville - while considered an alternate take on the Superman lore - dug into potential relationships between Clark and other characters.

I'm looking forward to the movie. An origin film like this, about a character like this, as the potential to be incredibly enticing and engaging.



What are you talking about?? Arrow has been on the air for 8 seasons (final season) and Flash and Supergirl have been on the air like 5 or 6 seasons now. With the exception of Marvels Agents of Shield it's the Marvel tv shows struggling to find an audience like Marvels inhumans and the Gifted (both cancelled now). Netflix is dumping all their Marvel shows. And it's not just the Villian of the week, all the shows have year long stories lines (like Smallville). The best super hero tv show on the air is Gotham. Yes I haven't really been happy with the DC Movies (except for Wonder Woman) but Marvel had some Turkeys as well, the first Hulk, Dare Devil,Punisher, Ghost Rider,Elecctra Howard the Duck,Fantastic 4, X-Men (at best I give them a grade of C, good casting but boring movies). Marvel has gotten better but still had some bad later on movies such as Venom, Iron Man 2, The new un-fantastic 4, Spiderman the one with Jamie Foxx in it. Some of DC best stuff is in it's animation movies and tv shows like Justice Unlimited and Batman the Animated TV series.



Of the bad Marvel movies you mentioned, only Iron Man 2 is made by Marvel Studios. They seem to have a higher standard than a lot of outside production companies.

I think the "problem" with DC movies is Warner Bros. The reason the MCU has been so successful from a critical point of view is that Marvel Studios pretty much run themselves. Disney might own them but they stay out of the creative process. They leave that to the men and women who actually know the characters. Warner Bros, on the other hand, are far too involved with the DC movies. Suicide Squad was butchered in post production in an effort to make it more marketable. Batman Vs Superman was OK but it's directors cut was so much better. The Justice League was a complete mess because Warner Bros fired the director after the movie had been shot and replaced him with another director who was given a very short time to reshoot half the movie. It's no surprise that the best DC movies in modern times are the ones in which Warner Bros didn't meddle with. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both really good. It remains to be seen how much input Warner Bros has in the sequels but if they're smart, they'll just leave the writers and directors alone.

This is, after all, not new for Warner Bros. Batman 89 and Batman Returns are very much Tim Burton projects. Both were very successful but WB didn't like that his Batman 3 was going to be a darker tale so they fired him and brought in Joel Schumacher, who gave us Batman Forever and Batman And Robin.

Go back further and you have Richard Donner's Superman movies. They fired Donner and replaced him with Richard Lester and we got a more comedic Superman 3, starring Richard Pryor as a computer genius, for some reason.

All the while, the projects that WB have no real interest in, therefore they leave to more creative minds, are flourishing. And have been for years. Batman The Animated Series, the Superman and Justice League animated shows, the animated movies, the Arkham video game series, Gotham, etc. Even the writers of the Dean Cain Superman show had more freedom than Zack Snyder got.

WB need to put someone like Paul Dini in charge and just leave him to it. Then we might get a DC universe on par with the MCU or maybe even the DC Animated Universe, which is the pinnacle of superheros on screen.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/10/19 1:26pm

peedub

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:



why so serious?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/10/19 4:37pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:



TrivialPursuit said:


I'm not sure there is much of anyone else that could play a role like this than Joaquin Phoenix. There just isn't anyone who has that oddball edginess about them in a way that could translate well to a backstory film about someone so insane and maniacal like the Joker.

Clearly, there's a difference in storylines from dropping Jack Napier into a vat of chemicals versus that of just dropping a fragile human being into society. Let's face it, we all have a little joker inside us somewhere.

I think some DC movies are boring because frankly, the characters aren't that interesting. The DC universe is good and all, but their movies have never faired quite as well as Marvel. I found Wonder Woman to be boring as hell. Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience. Maybe that's part of DC's problem though, a lot of their stuff ended up on TV, instead of trying to invest in a long storyline arch through movies. The TV shows often become the villain of the week type things, the way the older campy Batman and Robin became. To its credit, Smallville - while considered an alternate take on the Superman lore - dug into potential relationships between Clark and other characters.

I'm looking forward to the movie. An origin film like this, about a character like this, as the potential to be incredibly enticing and engaging.



What are you talking about?? Arrow has been on the air for 8 seasons (final season) and Flash and Supergirl have been on the air like 5 or 6 seasons now. With the exception of Marvels Agents of Shield it's the Marvel tv shows struggling to find an audience like Marvels inhumans and the Gifted (both cancelled now). Netflix is dumping all their Marvel shows. And it's not just the Villian of the week, all the shows have year long stories lines (like Smallville). The best super hero tv show on the air is Gotham. Yes I haven't really been happy with the DC Movies (except for Wonder Woman) but Marvel had some Turkeys as well, the first Hulk, Dare Devil,Punisher, Ghost Rider,Elecctra Howard the Duck,Fantastic 4, X-Men (at best I give them a grade of C, good casting but boring movies). Marvel has gotten better but still had some bad later on movies such as Venom, Iron Man 2, The new un-fantastic 4, Spiderman the one with Jamie Foxx in it. Some of DC best stuff is in it's animation movies and tv shows like Justice Unlimited and Batman the Animated TV series.



Of the bad Marvel movies you mentioned, only Iron Man 2 is made by Marvel Studios. They seem to have a higher standard than a lot of outside production companies.

I think the "problem" with DC movies is Warner Bros. The reason the MCU has been so successful from a critical point of view is that Marvel Studios pretty much run themselves. Disney might own them but they stay out of the creative process. They leave that to the men and women who actually know the characters. Warner Bros, on the other hand, are far too involved with the DC movies. Suicide Squad was butchered in post production in an effort to make it more marketable. Batman Vs Superman was OK but it's directors cut was so much better. The Justice League was a complete mess because Warner Bros fired the director after the movie had been shot and replaced him with another director who was given a very short time to reshoot half the movie. It's no surprise that the best DC movies in modern times are the ones in which Warner Bros didn't meddle with. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both really good. It remains to be seen how much input Warner Bros has in the sequels but if they're smart, they'll just leave the writers and directors alone.

This is, after all, not new for Warner Bros. Batman 89 and Batman Returns are very much Tim Burton projects. Both were very successful but WB didn't like that his Batman 3 was going to be a darker tale so they fired him and brought in Joel Schumacher, who gave us Batman Forever and Batman And Robin.

Go back further and you have Richard Donner's Superman movies. They fired Donner and replaced him with Richard Lester and we got a more comedic Superman 3, starring Richard Pryor as a computer genius, for some reason.

All the while, the projects that WB have no real interest in, therefore they leave to more creative minds, are flourishing. And have been for years. Batman The Animated Series, the Superman and Justice League animated shows, the animated movies, the Arkham video game series, Gotham, etc. Even the writers of the Dean Cain Superman show had more freedom than Zack Snyder got.

WB need to put someone like Paul Dini in charge and just leave him to it. Then we might get a DC universe on par with the MCU or maybe even the DC Animated Universe, which is the pinnacle of superheros on screen.

I want to put you in charge of WB studios
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/10/19 6:37pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



kpowers said:




TrivialPursuit said:


Things like The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are struggling to keep a big enough audience so they don't get canceled. They're certainly not a weekly go-to for a huge audience.



What are you talking about?? Arrow has been on the air for 8 seasons (final season) and Flash and Supergirl have been on the air like 5 or 6 seasons now.




I watched Arrow and Flash. I guess maybe I grew tired of them. They became, at some point, formulaic for me. Arrow had the more interesting back story throughout, though.


You can say that about most shows. Even Smallville stayed on the air a little longer than it should of
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/10/19 11:48pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

EmmaMcG said:



Of the bad Marvel movies you mentioned, only Iron Man 2 is made by Marvel Studios. They seem to have a higher standard than a lot of outside production companies.

I think the "problem" with DC movies is Warner Bros. The reason the MCU has been so successful from a critical point of view is that Marvel Studios pretty much run themselves. Disney might own them but they stay out of the creative process. They leave that to the men and women who actually know the characters. Warner Bros, on the other hand, are far too involved with the DC movies. Suicide Squad was butchered in post production in an effort to make it more marketable. Batman Vs Superman was OK but it's directors cut was so much better. The Justice League was a complete mess because Warner Bros fired the director after the movie had been shot and replaced him with another director who was given a very short time to reshoot half the movie. It's no surprise that the best DC movies in modern times are the ones in which Warner Bros didn't meddle with. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both really good. It remains to be seen how much input Warner Bros has in the sequels but if they're smart, they'll just leave the writers and directors alone.

This is, after all, not new for Warner Bros. Batman 89 and Batman Returns are very much Tim Burton projects. Both were very successful but WB didn't like that his Batman 3 was going to be a darker tale so they fired him and brought in Joel Schumacher, who gave us Batman Forever and Batman And Robin.

Go back further and you have Richard Donner's Superman movies. They fired Donner and replaced him with Richard Lester and we got a more comedic Superman 3, starring Richard Pryor as a computer genius, for some reason.

All the while, the projects that WB have no real interest in, therefore they leave to more creative minds, are flourishing. And have been for years. Batman The Animated Series, the Superman and Justice League animated shows, the animated movies, the Arkham video game series, Gotham, etc. Even the writers of the Dean Cain Superman show had more freedom than Zack Snyder got.

WB need to put someone like Paul Dini in charge and just leave him to it. Then we might get a DC universe on par with the MCU or maybe even the DC Animated Universe, which is the pinnacle of superheros on screen.

I want to put you in charge of WB studios


I'd do a better job. Then again, so would my goldfish.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/11/19 6:43am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:
I want to put you in charge of WB studios
I'd do a better job. Then again, so would my goldfish.

Hey don't underestimate your goldfish

Related image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/11/19 12:28pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

TrivialPursuit said:

They became, at some point, formulaic for me. Arrow had the more interesting back story throughout, though.

You can say that about most shows. Even Smallville stayed on the air a little longer than it should of have


I mean, we've not talked about most shows, but ok. wink I do agree Smallville did go on a long damn time. Even I was surprised at how long it stayed in production. It probably could have wrapped up after about 7 years or so. I was so far in, I was going to stay with it until the end.

I've worked in Hollywood long ago. I've read a ton of scripts, taken scriptwriting classes (the teacher worked for Keith Davis at Columbia Pictures and later for Dawn Steele at Disney during Steele's bitch diva years), and written a few. I get that there's a formula for a storyline, etc. I don't fault that necessarily. What I fault with many shows is depending so heavily on it, that it feels like they're just retelling last week's story with new costumes. From the two mentioned, Arrow - as I noted earlier - had the better storylines. His struggle with his past, being on that island or in the jungle, and it making him into who he became was vastly more engaging than Barry getting zapped in a storm and being the awkward kid who has to hide his powers (like Superman, Spider-man, etc), bumbles around the girl he loves, has a weird relationship with his parents or a guardian, then finds the bizarro version of himself (like Superman, at least). Arrow went to new places much like Batman Begins did with Bruce's story of self-discovery. It's why I stuck with Arrow longer than Flash.

As a juxtaposition, something like Breaking Bad continued a storyline of a man's life over a year or two and covered five seasons. It was a near perfect show in how it carried a storyline, harkened back to the beginning at the end of the show and brought all five seasons together. It was freaking brilliant. (I hope Better Call Saul ends up doing the same thing.) Granted, not everything can be Breaking Bad.

It's also entirely possible that I've simply watched too much television in my life. LOL

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/11/19 12:29pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Y'all know how I feel about backstories.


I don't, but I assume you don't like them?

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/11/19 1:08pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

kpowers said:

TrivialPursuit said: You can say that about most shows. Even Smallville stayed on the air a little longer than it should of have


I mean, we've not talked about most shows, but ok. wink I do agree Smallville did go on a long damn time. Even I was surprised at how long it stayed in production. It probably could have wrapped up after about 7 years or so. I was so far in, I was going to stay with it until the end.

I've worked in Hollywood long ago. I've read a ton of scripts, taken scriptwriting classes (the teacher worked for Keith Davis at Columbia Pictures and later for Dawn Steele at Disney during Steele's bitch diva years), and written a few. I get that there's a formula for a storyline, etc. I don't fault that necessarily. What I fault with many shows is depending so heavily on it, that it feels like they're just retelling last week's story with new costumes. From the two mentioned, Arrow - as I noted earlier - had the better storylines. His struggle with his past, being on that island or in the jungle, and it making him into who he became was vastly more engaging than Barry getting zapped in a storm and being the awkward kid who has to hide his powers (like Superman, Spider-man, etc), bumbles around the girl he loves, has a weird relationship with his parents or a guardian, then finds the bizarro version of himself (like Superman, at least). Arrow went to new places much like Batman Begins did with Bruce's story of self-discovery. It's why I stuck with Arrow longer than Flash.

As a juxtaposition, something like Breaking Bad continued a storyline of a man's life over a year or two and covered five seasons. It was a near perfect show in how it carried a storyline, harkened back to the beginning at the end of the show and brought all five seasons together. It was freaking brilliant. (I hope Better Call Saul ends up doing the same thing.) Granted, not everything can be Breaking Bad.

It's also entirely possible that I've simply watched too much television in my life. LOL

Yeah, I think Smallville lasted 10 seasons. Honestly, I wish the first 5 years should have been Smallville and the last 5 years should have been Metropolis. I do have a problem with producer Greg Berlanti who is turning DC into PC. Oh another Marvel show which also didn't last long was Agent Carter, too bad that was a really good show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/11/19 1:41pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

Yeah, I think Smallville lasted 10 seasons. Honestly, I wish the first 5 years should have been Smallville and the last 5 years should have been Metropolis. I do have a problem with producer Greg Berlanti who is turning DC into PC. Oh another Marvel show which also didn't last long was Agent Carter, too bad that was a really good show.


Now that would have been a great idea to pursue!

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/12/19 10:40am

happinessinits
uncutform

Daaaamn this ought to be good enough to wipe that Jared Leto Joker out of our minds!! Will be too on the nose with Heath Ledger's portrayer though, will see. October/Halloween time is perfect for its release too. Can't wait.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/12/19 2:41pm

KoolEaze

avatar

happinessinitsuncutform said:

Daaaamn this ought to be good enough to wipe that Jared Leto Joker out of our minds!! Will be too on the nose with Heath Ledger's portrayer though, will see. October/Halloween time is perfect for its release too. Can't wait.

I think as far as I can tell from that trailer Joaquin Phoenix is doing a great job and he is the perfect actor to play the Joker after Heath Ledger´s Joker. And I actually like that he is a bit similar to Heath Ledger´s version.

I hope that Ben Affleck changes his mind and plays Batman again. I think he was one of the best, or maybe even THE best Batman ever. Too bad that he got such a lousy story and script.

He looks the part, he is very dedicated and I think he should not just play Batman again but also direct the new Batman movie The Batman.

The lack of appreciation for Affleck´s Batman is mindboggling.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Joker trailer out.