independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd Jul 2019 9:28am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Hey EmmaMcG Gotham season 5 part 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/19/19 9:11am

kpowers

avatar

Hey EmmaMcG Gotham season 5 part 2

Gotham-Season-5.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/19/19 10:18am

EmmaMcG

avatar

This is the final "Hey EmmaMcG Gotham" thread. Ever. That's kind of sad...

But at least this final season has been really knocking it out of the park. Bruce doing more Batman things, Joker and Harley doing Joker and Harley stuff, the excellent Penguin going from strength to strength and no sign of Fish Mooney anywhere. Great!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/20/19 10:30pm

kpowers

avatar

Have we been doing this for five years now? Yeah sad it's the last Hey EmmaMcg Gotham thread but there will be some Hey EmmaMcg in the future

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/24/19 11:08am

kpowers

avatar

Legend of the Dark Knight: Ace Chemicals

Image result for gotham mad hatter

Mad Hatter came back, Good to see him.

Image result for gotham mad hatter

Penguin and Riddler are building a submarine to get away, only in Gotham.

Image result for gotham jim and lee

I'm guessing they are a couple again???

Image result for gotham penguin

Loved when he shouted to Barbara "Who's the father?"

Image result for gotham harvey dent

Hope they show Harvey one last time before the series ends

Image result for gotham joker

Well, we figured out the Jokers plan. Loved the whole Zorro movie thing. Falling into the chemicals, guessing that will make him even more psychotic.

Image result for gotham grundy

Will Grundy come back???

Image result for gotham barbara season 5

Previews show 2 Barbaras, Was I right about the real Barbara still being held by ogre, but yet both Barbaras still have the same hairdo. Oh well will find out this Thursday

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/24/19 3:50pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

Legend of the Dark Knight: Ace Chemicals


Image result for gotham mad hatter


Mad Hatter came back, Good to see him.


Image result for gotham mad hatter


Penguin and Riddler are building a submarine to get away, only in Gotham.


Image result for gotham jim and lee


I'm guessing they are a couple again???


Image result for gotham penguin


Loved when he shouted to Barbara "Who's the father?"


Image result for gotham harvey dent


Hope they show Harvey one last time before the series ends


Image result for gotham joker


Well, we figured out the Jokers plan. Loved the whole Zorro movie thing. Falling into the chemicals, guessing that will make him even more psychotic.


Image result for gotham grundy


Will Grundy come back???


Image result for gotham barbara season 5


Previews show 2 Barbaras, Was I right about the real Barbara still being held by ogre, but yet both Barbaras still have the same hairdo. Oh well will find out this Thursday



I like Mad Hatter. He looks like one of my cousins. He's an evil prick too, lol.

Penguin and Riddler make a great team. But having them together in a pressurised container under water? What could possibly go wrong??

I don't like Lee.

I think the writers have forgotten about Harvey Dent.

I loved the Zorro part. Absolutely loved it. The whole scene felt like something out of the Animated Series. And that's the highest praise there is for anything Batman related.

I don't think we'll see Grundy back. I just don't see how he'd fit in to the current storylines.

I didn't see any of the previews so I can't really comment on that. But this is Gotham. So anything is possible.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/24/19 4:32pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Legend of the Dark Knight: Ace Chemicals

Image result for gotham mad hatter

Mad Hatter came back, Good to see him.

Image result for gotham mad hatter

Penguin and Riddler are building a submarine to get away, only in Gotham.

Image result for gotham jim and lee

I'm guessing they are a couple again???

Image result for gotham penguin

Loved when he shouted to Barbara "Who's the father?"

Image result for gotham harvey dent

Hope they show Harvey one last time before the series ends

Image result for gotham joker

Well, we figured out the Jokers plan. Loved the whole Zorro movie thing. Falling into the chemicals, guessing that will make him even more psychotic.

Image result for gotham grundy

Will Grundy come back???

Image result for gotham barbara season 5

Previews show 2 Barbaras, Was I right about the real Barbara still being held by ogre, but yet both Barbaras still have the same hairdo. Oh well will find out this Thursday

I like Mad Hatter. He looks like one of my cousins. He's an evil prick too, lol. Penguin and Riddler make a great team. But having them together in a pressurised container under water? What could possibly go wrong?? I don't like Lee. I think the writers have forgotten about Harvey Dent. I loved the Zorro part. Absolutely loved it. The whole scene felt like something out of the Animated Series. And that's the highest praise there is for anything Batman related. I don't think we'll see Grundy back. I just don't see how he'd fit in to the current storylines. I didn't see any of the previews so I can't really comment on that. But this is Gotham. So anything is possible.

That's funny about your cousin and yeah Penguin and Riddler in a sub, what could go wrong lol Yeah I think the forgot about Harvey sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/25/19 3:31am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I have a feeling that we won't see any more of Joker this season. Maybe once in the final episode but I doubt it will be anything substantial.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/25/19 1:59pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I have a feeling that we won't see any more of Joker this season. Maybe once in the final episode but I doubt it will be anything substantial.

Maybe wrapped up in bandages for most of the rest of the season. Last episode could be a Joker Batman matchup

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/25/19 3:07pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


I have a feeling that we won't see any more of Joker this season. Maybe once in the final episode but I doubt it will be anything substantial.

Maybe wrapped up in bandages for most of the rest of the season. Last episode could be a Joker Batman matchup



I don't see where they could fit any more Joker stuff in. There's only a few episodes left and there's so many things going on at the moment. That last episode seems like such a perfect way to wrap up the whole Joker storyline. At least for now. If they do have a flash forward to show Gotham in the future in the final episode then by all means, bring Joker back. Position him as Batman's greatest enemy. But for now, I reckon they'll focus more on Barbara's Bat-Baby, Bane, Gordon and Lee, Penguin's submarine and Bruce's final push to become Batman.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/25/19 4:59pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Maybe wrapped up in bandages for most of the rest of the season. Last episode could be a Joker Batman matchup

I don't see where they could fit any more Joker stuff in. There's only a few episodes left and there's so many things going on at the moment. That last episode seems like such a perfect way to wrap up the whole Joker storyline. At least for now. If they do have a flash forward to show Gotham in the future in the final episode then by all means, bring Joker back. Position him as Batman's greatest enemy. But for now, I reckon they'll focus more on Barbara's Bat-Baby, Bane, Gordon and Lee, Penguin's submarine and Bruce's final push to become Batman.

That is what I'm thinking

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/27/19 7:03am

thedoorkeeper

How many episodes left?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/27/19 8:38am

kpowers

avatar

thedoorkeeper said:

How many episodes left?

I do believe 5 more episodes sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/06/19 11:20pm

kpowers

avatar

Legend of the Dark Knight: Nothing's Shocking

Image result for The Ventriloquist and Scarface gotham

Wow, The Ventriloquist & Scarface has that Batman the animated series feel to it "Let's talk Turkey Turkeys". But like Magpie, he doesn't make it to the next episode.

Image result for gotham harper

Got to see more of Harper, so far she hasn't turned .........so far

Image result for gotham penguin and riddler season 5

I'm digging the adventures Penguin and Riddler are going through as they build their submarine together

Image result for gotham jane doe

Jane Doe, another creepy character visits Gotham

Image result for gotham killer croc

Was that Killer Croc?

Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE

Well guess that really is Babara after all

Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE

Good episode about Harvey's past

Related image

What's up with Bruce's hair in this episode? He looks like a Japanese anime character, and that is not a good thing

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/07/19 12:49am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

Legend of the Dark Knight: Nothing's Shocking


Image result for The Ventriloquist and Scarface gotham


Wow, The Ventriloquist & Scarface has that Batman the animated series feel to it "Let's talk Turkey Turkeys". But like Magpie, he doesn't make it to the next episode.


Image result for gotham harper


Got to see more of Harper, so far she hasn't turned .....so far


Image result for gotham penguin and riddler season 5


I'm digging the adventures Penguin and Riddler are going through as they build their submarine together


Image result for gotham jane doe


Jane Doe, another creepy character visits Gotham


Image result for gotham killer croc


Was that Killer Croc?


Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE


Well guess that really is Babara after all


Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE


Good episode about Harvey's past


Related image


What's up with Bruce's hair in this episode? He looks like a Japanese anime character, and that is not a good thing





Scarface was a nice surprise. It seems like they're going all out in the final season. I don't think he'll be the last character to show up for a single appearance this season.

Harper has the look of someone who'll turn on Jim. It's the shifty eyes. Then again, maybe the twist with her character is that she won't turn on him. Or she'll get killed.

Penguin and Riddler deserve their own spin-off.

Jane Doe is an actual comic book character, isn't she? Or did they make her up for the show?

It could be Killer Croc. That's what I was thinking before he appeared on screen. But if it was supposed to be Killer Croc, would they really leave it so vague. Wouldn't they have made a bigger deal of it?

Yeah, there's only one Babs. Or at least, it seems that way. And I don't see her getting out of this season alive.

Bruce's hair was like something from a Tim Burton movie. And not one of the good Tim Burton movies.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/07/19 1:51am

DaveT

avatar

Gave up with this show at the end of series 3 ... it was starting to get repetitive, with Jim Gordan getting the sh*t kicked out of him every other episode and always being a couple of steps behind the villain of the week.

Loved Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of Penguin though, it was good enough to have been in Nolan's movies. Sean Pertwee's Alfred and Cory Smith's Riddler was also good. The rest of them I found quite m'eh, particularly Bruce who was far too whiney.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/07/19 8:44am

kpowers

avatar

DaveT said:

Gave up with this show at the end of series 3 ... it was starting to get repetitive, with Jim Gordan getting the sh*t kicked out of him every other episode and always being a couple of steps behind the villain of the week.

Loved Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of Penguin though, it was good enough to have been in Nolan's movies. Sean Pertwee's Alfred and Cory Smith's Riddler was also good. The rest of them I found quite m'eh, particularly Bruce who was far too whiney.

I don't think he's whiney, just to scrawny for the part. You forgot to mention how great the Joker is on the show. So many twist and turns you missed during seasons 4 & 5.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/07/19 8:47am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Legend of the Dark Knight: Nothing's Shocking

Image result for The Ventriloquist and Scarface gotham

Wow, The Ventriloquist & Scarface has that Batman the animated series feel to it "Let's talk Turkey Turkeys". But like Magpie, he doesn't make it to the next episode.

Image result for gotham harper

Got to see more of Harper, so far she hasn't turned .........so far

Image result for gotham penguin and riddler season 5

I'm digging the adventures Penguin and Riddler are going through as they build their submarine together

Image result for gotham jane doe

Jane Doe, another creepy character visits Gotham

Image result for gotham killer croc

Was that Killer Croc?

Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE

Well guess that really is Babara after all

Image result for gotham bruce wayne NOTHING SHOCKING EPISODE

Good episode about Harvey's past

Related image

What's up with Bruce's hair in this episode? He looks like a Japanese anime character, and that is not a good thing

Scarface was a nice surprise. It seems like they're going all out in the final season. I don't think he'll be the last character to show up for a single appearance this season. Harper has the look of someone who'll turn on Jim. It's the shifty eyes. Then again, maybe the twist with her character is that she won't turn on him. Or she'll get killed. Penguin and Riddler deserve their own spin-off. Jane Doe is an actual comic book character, isn't she? Or did they make her up for the show? It could be Killer Croc. That's what I was thinking before he appeared on screen. But if it was supposed to be Killer Croc, would they really leave it so vague. Wouldn't they have made a bigger deal of it? Yeah, there's only one Babs. Or at least, it seems that way. And I don't see her getting out of this season alive. Bruce's hair was like something from a Tim Burton movie. And not one of the good Tim Burton movies.

Yes Jane Doe is in the comics but not all that familiar with her character

Image result for jane doe batmanImage result for jane doe batman

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/07/19 8:55am

kpowers

avatar

https://jeezuswords.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/villans.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/07/19 8:55am

kpowers

avatar

Image result for gotham baby doll

Did baby doll make an appearance on Gotham???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/07/19 10:42am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

Image result for gotham baby doll


Did baby doll make an appearance on Gotham???



Not yet but I really hope she does.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/08/19 1:28am

DaveT

avatar

kpowers said:

DaveT said:

Gave up with this show at the end of series 3 ... it was starting to get repetitive, with Jim Gordan getting the sh*t kicked out of him every other episode and always being a couple of steps behind the villain of the week.

Loved Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of Penguin though, it was good enough to have been in Nolan's movies. Sean Pertwee's Alfred and Cory Smith's Riddler was also good. The rest of them I found quite m'eh, particularly Bruce who was far too whiney.

I don't think he's whiney, just to scrawny for the part. You forgot to mention how great the Joker is on the show. So many twist and turns you missed during seasons 4 & 5.


I didn't get as far as the Joker, but I saw the episode with the ginger dude who, even at that point, it was clear they were setting him up to become the Joker later on.

It might have just been that episode but I really didn't like him. Going by some of the decisions that character made he seemed too dumb and was trying a bit too hard to be deliberately crazy. Did that change when he became the Joker proper?

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/08/19 2:11am

EmmaMcG

avatar

DaveT said:



kpowers said:




DaveT said:


Gave up with this show at the end of series 3 ... it was starting to get repetitive, with Jim Gordan getting the sh*t kicked out of him every other episode and always being a couple of steps behind the villain of the week.

Loved Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of Penguin though, it was good enough to have been in Nolan's movies. Sean Pertwee's Alfred and Cory Smith's Riddler was also good. The rest of them I found quite m'eh, particularly Bruce who was far too whiney.



I don't think he's whiney, just to scrawny for the part. You forgot to mention how great the Joker is on the show. So many twist and turns you missed during seasons 4 & 5.




I didn't get as far as the Joker, but I saw the episode with the ginger dude who, even at that point, it was clear they were setting him up to become the Joker later on.

It might have just been that episode but I really didn't like him. Going by some of the decisions that character made he seemed too dumb and was trying a bit too hard to be deliberately crazy. Did that change when he became the Joker proper?



He didn't become the Joker. Not technically. Its the same actor but it was actually his twin brother who is Joker. And he plays the two parts differently. The actual Joker on the show isn't as over the top as his brother was. In fact, in a lot of scenes he's quite monotone and serious. More threatening. More dangerous. Though some classic Jokerisms do come out from time to time. Especially this season, when he sometimes veers close to the Mark Hamill version in terms of his actions. He's actually really good as The Joker. Plus, he's got the best live action Harley Quinn by his side too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/08/19 8:10am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

DaveT said:


I didn't get as far as the Joker, but I saw the episode with the ginger dude who, even at that point, it was clear they were setting him up to become the Joker later on.

It might have just been that episode but I really didn't like him. Going by some of the decisions that character made he seemed too dumb and was trying a bit too hard to be deliberately crazy. Did that change when he became the Joker proper?

He didn't become the Joker. Not technically. Its the same actor but it was actually his twin brother who is Joker. And he plays the two parts differently. The actual Joker on the show isn't as over the top as his brother was. In fact, in a lot of scenes he's quite monotone and serious. More threatening. More dangerous. Though some classic Jokerisms do come out from time to time. Especially this season, when he sometimes veers close to the Mark Hamill version in terms of his actions. He's actually really good as The Joker. Plus, he's got the best live action Harley Quinn by his side too.

He missed all the twist and turns popcorn

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/08/19 11:40am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


DaveT said:



I didn't get as far as the Joker, but I saw the episode with the ginger dude who, even at that point, it was clear they were setting him up to become the Joker later on.

It might have just been that episode but I really didn't like him. Going by some of the decisions that character made he seemed too dumb and was trying a bit too hard to be deliberately crazy. Did that change when he became the Joker proper?



He didn't become the Joker. Not technically. Its the same actor but it was actually his twin brother who is Joker. And he plays the two parts differently. The actual Joker on the show isn't as over the top as his brother was. In fact, in a lot of scenes he's quite monotone and serious. More threatening. More dangerous. Though some classic Jokerisms do come out from time to time. Especially this season, when he sometimes veers close to the Mark Hamill version in terms of his actions. He's actually really good as The Joker. Plus, he's got the best live action Harley Quinn by his side too.

He missed all the twist and turns popcorn



I think the show only really came into its own after DaveT stopped watching it. In my opinion, each season has been better than the previous one, leading to this final season, which is the best so far.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/09/19 7:33am

kpowers

avatar

Emma who do you like better, Jerome as the Joker or Jeremiah as the Joker?

Related imageRelated image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/09/19 7:38am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

He missed all the twist and turns popcorn

I think the show only really came into its own after DaveT stopped watching it. In my opinion, each season has been better than the previous one, leading to this final season, which is the best so far.

Also no Fish Mooney

Image result for fish mooney comics

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/09/19 8:30am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

Emma who do you like better, Jerome as the Joker or Jeremiah as the Joker?


Related imageRelated image



Jeremiah. Easily. Jerome sometimes seemed like he was veering too close to the Heath Ledger version for me. Especially early on. Jeremiah is more "classic Joker". That part where he did the whole Zorro thing was like something straight out of the animated series. For my money, it's the best live action version of the character since Jack Nicholson.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/09/19 8:31am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


kpowers said:


He missed all the twist and turns popcorn



I think the show only really came into its own after DaveT stopped watching it. In my opinion, each season has been better than the previous one, leading to this final season, which is the best so far.

Also no Fish Mooney


Image result for fish mooney comics



Fingers crossed it will stay that way. She gives Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy a run for her money in the overacting stakes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/09/19 10:35pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Emma who do you like better, Jerome as the Joker or Jeremiah as the Joker?


Related imageRelated image



Jeremiah. Easily. Jerome sometimes seemed like he was veering too close to the Heath Ledger version for me. Especially early on. Jeremiah is more "classic Joker". That part where he did the whole Zorro thing was like something straight out of the animated series. For my money, it's the best live action version of the character since Jack Nicholson.

I think the joker on Gotham is better than Heath Ledger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/10/19 4:11pm

kpowers

avatar

Legend of the Dark Knight: The Trial of Jim Gordon

latest?cb=20171030225859

Last week Harvey had to deal with his past, now it's Jim's turn

gotham-sean-pertwee.jpg

Loved it when Alfred kicked Victor in the face "Heard you were looking for Jim Gordon"

PeytonList-via-Gotham-Facebook.jpg

Wasn't expecting the hit on Jim would be by Ivy, well Emma which Ivy do you like better, angry bitter Ivy or?

poisonivy-1024x574.png

fun bubbly Ivy?

80499655d199ec17fd7eeb6c7afb3bd4.jpg

Loved the whole scene where she poisoned the gang leaders with her drinks. You can still see she has feelings for Jim still

latest?cb=20160809185732

What a miss opportunity not having Harvey Dent in Jim's dream trial, He's a Lawyer for god sakes

maxresdefault.jpg

It's official she is now Lee Gordon, sorry Emma

robin-lord-taylor-the-penguin-jpg-6471db_1280w.jpg

Penguin has been even more fun to watch (if that's even possible) since the blowing up of the bridges

DBF_NqXUMAAscKo.jpg

I like seeing Alvarez in the background even if he has no dialogue. He seems straight out of Batman the animates series

4ed2fd2a1927927490dafdf2333d6d5dde005fde.jpg?mw=600

Bruce and Selina kissed at the wedding. oh the love that will never be.

b4f22e940e8b62a6f99da7002cdd7fe979d9e5c6.jpg

Was fun watching Lucius and Victor under Ivy spell.

Gotham-s5-Scarecrow-promo-600x359.jpg

I want more scarecrow

batgirl-closeup-screenshot.jpg?ver=1

Would been cool if Barabara Gordon (AKA Batgirl) came to Jim in his dream and told him to pull through because she needs him more than he will ever know

gotham-wrap-1014x570.jpg

Gotham returns in 2 weeks

[Edited 3/10/19 17:07pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Hey EmmaMcG Gotham season 5 part 2