independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 14th Oct 2019 5:01am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > oh my... just saw "Kuso" with George Clinton...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/17/19 9:35pm

ufoclub

avatar

oh my... just saw "Kuso" with George Clinton...

you know... with George Clinton. Saw it with a group of graduate art students at a Professor's art studio projected big on a wall.

lol lol lol lol



kuso-flying-lotus.png

[Edited 2/18/19 6:31am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/18/19 3:12pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Is it watchable? Enjoyable? Interesting?

I´ve read about it and want to watch it. From what I´ve heard and read it is a pretty bizarre film.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/18/19 4:29pm

S2DG

Oh I've got to see this...

Reviews are brutal but I don't care...

UFO what was your take away?

[Edited 2/18/19 16:34pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/18/19 4:39pm

Hamad

avatar

S2DG said:

Oh I've got to see this...

Reviews are brutal but I don't care...

UFO what was your take away?

[Edited 2/18/19 16:34pm]

Thats it! Its gonna have a cult following lol my class is gonna play it next friday and we will get a quiz about it on saturday. Should be fun.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/18/19 4:58pm

damosuzuki

it's streaming on shudder. i've considered watching it a handful of times since it was added last year, but always gave it a pass when i glanced at its metacritic score. had no idea clinton was in it, though. i'll probably give it a watch tonight. it should make quite a double-bill with the takashi miike film i'm half-way through right now.

[Edited 3/2/19 13:57pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/18/19 7:59pm

ufoclub

avatar

Can you spot Clinton in that collage? He's in there!

If you like something like "Society" https://en.wikipedia.org/...ety_(film)

and the works of Ryan Trecartin: https://vimeo.com/trecartin

And love Eraserhead and Videodrome type fandom, were cool with "Sorry to Bother You" turning into a John Carpenter like surrealist horror (or was it like Pinocchio?)

Then you might like this! But there's a lot of doo doo.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/18/19 8:37pm

damosuzuki

ufoclub said:

Can you spot Clinton in that collage? He's in there!

If you like something like "Society" https://en.wikipedia.org/...ety_(film)

and the works of Ryan Trecartin: https://vimeo.com/trecartin

And love Eraserhead and Videodrome type fandom, were cool with "Sorry to Bother You" turning into a John Carpenter like surrealist horror (or was it like Pinocchio?)

Then you might like this! But there's a lot of doo doo.

i don't know trecartin, but everyrhing else you listed i absolutely love.

ended up watching something else tonight, but i'll definitely catch kuso tomorrow.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/18/19 8:50pm

PliablyPurple

Gonna say that Clinton is wearing the round glasses, short hair, bump on the forehead.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/19/19 3:30am

ufoclub

avatar

PliablyPurple said:

Gonna say that Clinton is wearing the round glasses, short hair, bump on the forehead.




Yes! You win a treatment session with that “doctor” he plays. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/19/19 4:35am

KoolEaze

avatar

I wonder what´s going on in FlyLo´s head to come up with such disgusting ideas. lol

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/19/19 7:39pm

damosuzuki

i watched it earlier this evening.

i don't have it in me to try to make sense out of this or attempt a review, but here are some notes i made while watching kuso:

takashi miike grossness.

also brought 80s melt movies to mind at times.
cronenbergy orifices, mucus, semen-ish looking stuff.

occasionally pretty funny. or at least, it made me laugh in a 'tim and eric' sort of way, which is one of my favourite ways to laugh.
it's like if john waters tried to remake 'kentucky fried movie' as a melt film.
too darkly lit in places in some of the early scenes, i found, though when it wasn't dark, i was often truly revolted by what i saw, so careful what you wish for, i suppose.

i kinda loved it, and, honestly, i wish i could meet a woman who would consider this an ideal date movie.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/20/19 4:16pm

ufoclub

avatar

damosuzuki said:

i watched it earlier this evening.

i don't have it in me to try to make sense out of this or attempt a review, but here are some notes i made while watching kuso:

takashi miike grossness.

also brought 80s melt movies to mind at times.
cronenbergy orifices, mucus, semen-ish looking stuff.

occasionally pretty funny. or at least, it made me laugh in a 'tim and eric' sort of way, which is one of my favourite ways to laugh.
it's like if john waters tried to remake 'kentucky fried movie' as a melt film.
too darkly lit in places in some of the early scenes, i found, though when it wasn't dark, i was often truly revolted by what i saw, so careful what you wish for, i suppose.

i kinda loved it, and, honestly, i wish i could meet a woman who would consider this an ideal date movie.

I feel the Geaorge Clinton part was truly hilarious... and revolting. "Melt Movie" thats a genre?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/21/19 4:59am

damosuzuki

ufoclub said:

damosuzuki said:

i watched it earlier this evening.

i don't have it in me to try to make sense out of this or attempt a review, but here are some notes i made while watching kuso:

takashi miike grossness.

also brought 80s melt movies to mind at times.
cronenbergy orifices, mucus, semen-ish looking stuff.

occasionally pretty funny. or at least, it made me laugh in a 'tim and eric' sort of way, which is one of my favourite ways to laugh.
it's like if john waters tried to remake 'kentucky fried movie' as a melt film.
too darkly lit in places in some of the early scenes, i found, though when it wasn't dark, i was often truly revolted by what i saw, so careful what you wish for, i suppose.

i kinda loved it, and, honestly, i wish i could meet a woman who would consider this an ideal date movie.

I feel the Geaorge Clinton part was truly hilarious... and revolting. "Melt Movie" thats a genre?

the clinton scene was definitely one of the highlights.

melt films are i guess what you would call a small sub-genre of horror films, mostly released in the 80s that feature bodies melting, deforming or breaking down in some manner. i think society, which you mentioned above, is often lumped in with them. street trash is one of the other more famous examples. streaming on shudder if you use that service. it's not great or even half good i suppose, but it has some fun practical effects scenes.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > oh my... just saw "Kuso" with George Clinton...