independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Apr 2019 9:38am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Jimmy Fallon - worst host ever?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/14/19 12:52pm

happinessinits
uncutform

Jimmy Fallon - worst host ever?

never seen such an awkward, unfitting, terrible host on prime time spot. I gave him a chance, thought he could improve over the years but nope he's just as terrible as when he first took over the show YEARS ago. Always too star-struck with cringy worthy fake laughs. Painfully awkward delivery...it's rare to see him not trip over at least once during his monologue. ruins the joke. How do his writers/producers tolerate him? Really doesn't seem like a guy who was born to do broadcasting at all. Can't even come up with witty lines, can't even hold a brief interview for few minutes he has to always fill up his show with childish games. Kimmel got better, so did Seth Meyers over the years...but fallon stays the same. Never known anyone who says "I actually LIKE fallon" either irl.

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/14/19 1:04pm

MoBettaBliss


yes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/14/19 2:21pm

TheFman

He's very talented but all-round, meaning his biggest talent ain't tv shows by definition.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/14/19 3:09pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Maybe that's part of his schtick... lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/14/19 3:20pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

happinessinitsuncutform said:

never seen such an awkward, unfitting, terrible host on prime time spot. I gave him a chance, thought he could improve over the years but nope he's just as terrible as when he first took over the show YEARS ago. Always too star-struck with cringy worthy fake laughs. Painfully awkward delivery...it's rare to see him not trip over at least once during his monologue. ruins the joke. How do his writers/producers tolerate him? Really doesn't seem like a guy who was born to do broadcasting at all. Can't even come up with witty lines, can't even hold a brief interview for few minutes he has to always fill up his show with childish games. Kimmel got better, so did Seth Meyers over the years...but fallon stays the same. Never known anyone who says "I actually LIKE fallon" either irl.



That doesn't sound like happiness in its uncut form to me!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/14/19 4:11pm

XxAxX

avatar

i love me some jimmy fallon!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/14/19 4:46pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

I don't know if I can say he's the worst because I'm pretty sure that James Corden is the worst. But Fallon is definitely shit though. The insincere, over the top, obnoxious, fake laugh of his is really irritating. Added to the fact that he's just not funny, not to mention his amateurish interview skills, and it's pretty clear that he's got some serious dirt on the higher ups at NBC. He's the kind of host that only Americans would like. Compare him to Johnny Carson and its like they're doing two completely different jobs. Even Leno is great in comparison to Fallon.

The best talk show host America has at the moment is Conan O'Brien. And even though he can be VERY over the top at times, he knows it. That's part of the act. Plus, his conversations with Jordan Schlansky are the stuff of legend. Also, please forgive my KCool impression, but I have met Jordan Schlansky in real life and he's EXACTLY as he appears on TV. The guy is so weird but hilarious. And I don't know if he knows it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/14/19 4:56pm

Hudson

avatar

No one's worse than Ellen.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/14/19 5:03pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Hudson said:

No one's worse than Ellen.


Yeah, she's terrible as well. Although I've noticed something with her. Now, I rarely watch her so I may be reading more into it than what's really there, but sometimes it seems like she's just taking the piss out of her audience and they don't realise it. She'll sometimes come out with a line which, on the face of it, sounds like she's being really nice. And the crowd will give her a typical applause or loud cheer, but then she'll say something really subtle or even just give a raise of the eyebrows and it definitely seems like she's laughing at the over the top nature of her audience and making fun of them. But they're too busy whooping and hollering like morons to realise that they're the butt of the joke.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/19 5:37pm

MoBettaBliss

EmmaMcG said:

I don't know if I can say he's the worst because I'm pretty sure that James Corden is the worst. But Fallon is definitely shit though. The insincere, over the top, obnoxious, fake laugh of his is really irritating. Added to the fact that he's just not funny, not to mention his amateurish interview skills, and it's pretty clear that he's got some serious dirt on the higher ups at NBC. He's the kind of host that only Americans would like. Compare him to Johnny Carson and its like they're doing two completely different jobs. Even Leno is great in comparison to Fallon. The best talk show host America has at the moment is Conan O'Brien. And even though he can be VERY over the top at times, he knows it. That's part of the act. Plus, his conversations with Jordan Schlansky are the stuff of legend. Also, please forgive my KCool impression, but I have met Jordan Schlansky in real life and he's EXACTLY as he appears on TV. The guy is so weird but hilarious. And I don't know if he knows it.



have you seen Conan's hour long (or so) sit down with Jack White? It's great

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/14/19 9:35pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

I like Jimmy and watch him all the time, but I don't like Wendy Williams. She's kinda like the TV version of Lipstick Alley. She talks trash about famous people and offers "advice" to them, but not to their face when they're a guest. Or she tries to get guests to talk about their dirt, Charlamagne tha God on the radio show The Breakfast Club & DJ Vlad does that too. Whenever someone has Wendy's show on I think about that Method Man video. lol

For 65 years straight, the #1 genre in music, selling wise, was rock n' roll worldwide. Last year (2017) in June, it got de-crowned by hip hop. Hip hop is the #1 genre. It's hip hop - rock - country - pop or pop - country. ~ Pras
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/14/19 10:09pm

SoulAlive

Jimmy is great.I like him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/14/19 10:42pm

Hudson

avatar

Hating Corden is the new hating pineapple on pizza, but I like a lot of things from his show that end up in my youtube recommendations.

Musical Chers

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/15/19 12:42am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Hudson said:

Hating Corden is the new hating pineapple on pizza, but I like a lot of things from his show that end up in my youtube recommendations.

Musical Chers



I've always hated that prick. Ever since he was on Renford Rejects. That Gavin & Stacey show he was on was another pile of crap. He's just not funny. The only half decent thing he was ever involved in was the first carpool karaoke thing he did with George Michael. And that's only because of George Michael.


It's a good comparison though. I bet the kind of people who like him also like pineapple on pizza.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/15/19 2:35am

MoBettaBliss

none of them come close to letterman for me

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/15/19 7:30am

RodeoSchro

avatar

In the spirit of positivity - and I know we've done this before - here on the late-night hosts I liked the best:

1. Johnny Carson
2. Jon Stewart
3. David Letterman
4. Stephen colbert
5. Conan O'Brien

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/15/19 8:24am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Kisses major ass.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/15/19 10:19am

nd33

EmmaMcG said:

Hudson said:

No one's worse than Ellen.


Yeah, she's terrible as well. Although I've noticed something with her. Now, I rarely watch her so I may be reading more into it than what's really there, but sometimes it seems like she's just taking the piss out of her audience and they don't realise it. She'll sometimes come out with a line which, on the face of it, sounds like she's being really nice. And the crowd will give her a typical applause or loud cheer, but then she'll say something really subtle or even just give a raise of the eyebrows and it definitely seems like she's laughing at the over the top nature of her audience and making fun of them. But they're too busy whooping and hollering like morons to realise that they're the butt of the joke.


That would make sense because I’ve heard several times that she’s an asshole off camera.
Music, sweet music, I wish I could caress and...kiss, kiss...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/15/19 12:45pm

happinessinits
uncutform

Hudson said:

No one's worse than Ellen.

There’re pretty much on the same level now. Ellen used to be alright maybe up to 12 years ago, but now it’s just sad to even watch her talk to anyone. It’s clear she doesn’t put as much energy or care into her profession anymore. She’s become slow and she stutters a lot more too. The “games” they play are terrible, don’t know at what point I’m supposed to laugh at all. IT’s time to pass the spotlight to someone more talented and fresh Ellen. In fact, it’s LONG OVERDUE.

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/15/19 12:46pm

happinessinits
uncutform

EmmaMcG said:

I don't know if I can say he's the worst because I'm pretty sure that James Corden is the worst. But Fallon is definitely shit though. The insincere, over the top, obnoxious, fake laugh of his is really irritating. Added to the fact that he's just not funny, not to mention his amateurish interview skills, and it's pretty clear that he's got some serious dirt on the higher ups at NBC. He's the kind of host that only Americans would like. Compare him to Johnny Carson and its like they're doing two completely different jobs. Even Leno is great in comparison to Fallon. The best talk show host America has at the moment is Conan O'Brien. And even though he can be VERY over the top at times, he knows it. That's part of the act. Plus, his conversations with Jordan Schlansky are the stuff of legend. Also, please forgive my KCool impression, but I have met Jordan Schlansky in real life and he's EXACTLY as he appears on TV. The guy is so weird but hilarious. And I don't know if he knows it.

Glad you mentioned Conan, he’s also one of my favorites. I used to think he was boring behind the desk, and but since he moved to TBS and now that he’s doing more remotes…his segments are pure comedy gold. Everyone’s good at different things and Conan’s strongest suits are improvising, unscripted materials and physical comedy. Oh and Jordan Schlansky of course. He doesn’t need a celebrity to entertain his audience, he seems genuinely interested in meeting more ordinary folks around the world and introduce diverse culture anyway, and he happens to be great at it. Also it’s just such refreshing material from watching talk show hosts talking cheap shots at politicians and celebs.

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/15/19 12:47pm

happinessinits
uncutform

MoBettaBliss said:

none of them come close to letterman for me

Fair enough BUT can you honestly say you enjoyed him ALL THE WAY? Even towards his latter years where Dave often laughed at his own jokes and Paul kept awkwardly interrupting Dave lol ?

[Edited 2/15/19 12:58pm]

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/15/19 12:51pm

happinessinits
uncutform

RodeoSchro said:

In the spirit of positivity - and I know we've done this before - here on the late-night hosts I liked the best:

1. Johnny Carson
2. Jon Stewart
3. David Letterman
4. Stephen colbert
5. Conan O'Brien

Colbert used to SO MUCH BETTER on HBO. Now that he's on CBS he filters himself out a lot. Made me realize how powerful the network& the exec.producers of the show really are. Colbert on CBS is a watered down Colbert.

And regarding my username...girlsandboys was taken so razz

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/15/19 1:02pm

happinessinits
uncutform

MickyDolenz said:

I like Jimmy and watch him all the time, but I don't like Wendy Williams. She's kinda like the TV version of Lipstick Alley. She talks trash about famous people and offers "advice" to them, but not to their face when they're a guest. Or she tries to get guests to talk about their dirt, Charlamagne tha God on the radio show The Breakfast Club & DJ Vlad does that too. Whenever someone has Wendy's show on I think about that Method Man video. lol

YOU LOST ME AT "I LiKe JimMy"!!

.

.

kidding. Yeah Williams is pretty terrible too, just downtight trash TV. She's the kind of host who sucks up Your energy somehow. At least she's on cable though and that's the scary zone where much worse things than her exist lol.

🎵
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/15/19 2:01pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

happinessinitsuncutform said:

YOU LOST ME AT "I LiKe JimMy"!!

.

.

kidding. Yeah Williams is pretty terrible too, just downtight trash TV. She's the kind of host who sucks up Your energy somehow. At least she's on cable though and that's the scary zone where much worse things than her exist lol.

Wendy's on regular free TV where I live, twice a day. Other talk shows that are on more than once a day here is The Real and Steve Harvey's talk show. In the evenings, Steve can be seen for 3 hours straight on the same channel. First the talk show, then 2 hours of Family Feud. Steve also has a syndicated morning radio show that can be heard locally. The Real is basically The View or The Talk for younger audiences.

For 65 years straight, the #1 genre in music, selling wise, was rock n' roll worldwide. Last year (2017) in June, it got de-crowned by hip hop. Hip hop is the #1 genre. It's hip hop - rock - country - pop or pop - country. ~ Pras
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/15/19 2:14pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

happinessinitsuncutform said:

RodeoSchro said:

In the spirit of positivity - and I know we've done this before - here on the late-night hosts I liked the best:

1. Johnny Carson
2. Jon Stewart
3. David Letterman
4. Stephen colbert
5. Conan O'Brien

Colbert used to SO MUCH BETTER on HBO. Now that he's on CBS he filters himself out a lot. Made me realize how powerful the network& the exec.producers of the show really are. Colbert on CBS is a watered down Colbert.

And regarding my username...girlsandboys was taken so razz



LOL on the user name.

Colbert was never on HBO. Were you thinking of "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central? Keep in mind, that was just a character Colbert was playing. It wasn't real.

But sure, it's watered down on CBS. Much bigger audience, and different format. Howver, he kind of "unwatered" it when Trump became president and his true Trumpiness started showing itself. Colbert went after him hard - and still does - and the rise in his ratings are because of that.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/15/19 7:55pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

Love The Roots, never watch the show (on 2 late, I'm old grandpa), but I do like Busy Tonight, mainly cuz she's hot n always drunk lol n she does that lil jingle at the end mushy. Andy Cohen's decent 2 when I'm up for it smile.

whistle I don't care what you got on your feet. I just wanna meet ya, baby. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/16/19 7:37am

TheBigBang

avatar

Yeah, Fallon's pretty bad. He's SO INCREDIBLY insincere, it's almost unbearable. And that fake ass laugh...

But he does have the coolest band in late night.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/16/19 6:37pm

CynicKill

I don't mind him.

He's actually pretty funny.

Trevor Noah is the cutest though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/17/19 6:21am

gandorb

No, not by a long shot. He is tolerable at least compared to many others.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/17/19 1:49pm

PliablyPurple

Worst ever? Not even close. Maybe you are too young to remember when Chevy Chase tried this shit.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Jimmy Fallon - worst host ever?