independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Aug 2019 10:15pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Prince fan dating sites.. ?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/02/17 8:08pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

Prince fan dating sites.. ?

Are there any?

sounds like cool concept to me..

heart + prince = cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/02/17 8:10pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

There are stories of orgers who met through the org and dated or got married.

cool

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/02/17 8:12pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

i know of one.. now divorced. sad

luv4u said:

There are stories of orgers who met through the org and dated or got married.

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/02/17 9:32pm

PurpleDorothy

avatar

Yeah I thought that would be cool too.The pragmatic side of me knows that there must be more than just a love of Prince to hold a relationship together. Although it would help to bring like minded people together.
"As long as I can hear you smilin' baby
You won't hear my tears."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/03/17 9:33am

KingBAD

luv4u said:

There are stories of orgers who met through the org and dated or got married.

cool

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

it happened to me...

all on the org...

the royal weddings

the war of the wives

the 'freedom of bad girls' act of '03

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/03/17 11:24am

MD431Madcat

avatar

prince yes prince

PurpleDorothy said:

Yeah I thought that would be cool too.The pragmatic side of me knows that there must be more than just a love of Prince to hold a relationship together. Although it would help to bring like minded people together.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/04/17 5:54am

TheOriginalBro
thaFiness

eek

Is that right?

luv4u said:

There are stories of orgers who met through the org and dated or got married.

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/04/17 6:31am

domainator2010

MD431Madcat said:

Are there any?

sounds like cool concept to me..

heart + prince = cool

Yeah, me too!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/04/17 8:52am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I know of two sets of marriages that are people who met on the Org. AFAIK, both couples are still together.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/04/17 1:39pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

cool

domainator2010 said:

MD431Madcat said:

Are there any?

sounds like cool concept to me..

heart + prince = cool

Yeah, me too!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/04/17 1:40pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

cool cool!

RodeoSchro said:

I know of two sets of marriages that are people who met on the Org. AFAIK, both couples are still together.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/04/17 3:00pm

PurpleDorothy

avatar

Okay so considering my luck I probably would want any prospects online or realtime to fill out a questionnaire, Lol. You wouldn't believe some of the dating/relationship stories that I could tell. I'm pretty uptown so that says a lot. I don't have time to come up with a complete list now, but here are some questions that come to mind.

1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.)

1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one.

2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.)

3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts?

4) How you view and value life?

5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship?

6) Could you date someone of a different race/background?

7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun.
[Edited 7/4/17 15:03pm]
"As long as I can hear you smilin' baby
You won't hear my tears."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/04/17 3:42pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

PurpleDorothy said:

Okay so considering my luck I probably would want any prospects online or realtime to fill out a questionnaire, Lol. You wouldn't believe some of the dating/relationship stories that I could tell. I'm pretty uptown so that says a lot. I don't have time to come up with a complete list now, but here are some questions that come to mind.

1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.)

1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one.

2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.)

3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts?

4) How you view and value life?

5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship?

6) Could you date someone of a different race/background?

7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun.
[Edited 7/4/17 15:03pm]



1a. I'm not American but out of the two available candidates I probably would have gone for Hillary, but that's mainly because I think Bill is cool.

1b. No.

2. My ex boyfriend is a huge Prince fan and after he dragged me along to see Prince perform live in 2011 I became a fan.

3. Something I can relate to.

4. My life revolves around making sure my daughter is looked after and wants for nothing. She IS my life and always will be.

5. Trust.

6. Yes, I have done. Race, sex, religion. None of these things matter if you find someone you love who will love you back.

7. I'd like to think I'm a fun girl to be around. My idea of fun may be considered a bit old fashioned though, considering I'm still only young (Hey, 27 IS young!) but I like nothing better than staying home with a good book and a hot cup of tea.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/05/17 6:53am

MD431Madcat

avatar

.

[Edited 7/11/17 12:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/05/17 6:54am

MD431Madcat

avatar

cool

EmmaMcG said:

PurpleDorothy said:
Okay so considering my luck I probably would want any prospects online or realtime to fill out a questionnaire, Lol. You wouldn't believe some of the dating/relationship stories that I could tell. I'm pretty uptown so that says a lot. I don't have time to come up with a complete list now, but here are some questions that come to mind. 1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.) 1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one. 2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.) 3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts? 4) How you view and value life? 5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship? 6) Could you date someone of a different race/background? 7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun. [Edited 7/4/17 15:03pm]
1a. I'm not American but out of the two available candidates I probably would have gone for Hillary, but that's mainly because I think Bill is cool. 1b. No. 2. My ex boyfriend is a huge Prince fan and after he dragged me along to see Prince perform live in 2011 I became a fan. 3. Something I can relate to. 4. My life revolves around making sure my daughter is looked after and wants for nothing. She IS my life and always will be. 5. Trust. 6. Yes, I have done. Race, sex, religion. None of these things matter if you find someone you love who will love you back. 7. I'd like to think I'm a fun girl to be around. My idea of fun may be considered a bit old fashioned though, considering I'm still only young (Hey, 27 IS young!) but I like nothing better than staying home with a good book and a hot cup of tea.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/05/17 7:01am

imago

avatar

Don't do it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/05/17 7:23am

RodeoSchro

avatar

imago said:

Don't do it.




The way I read your post "Don't do it" and then "f**k off" in your signature. So my assumption is that you are telling me not to "f**k off".

I knew I was still your boo! hug

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/05/17 8:03am

Deadflow3r

avatar

I remember one couple Punkmistress and JerseyChris. Both of them were funny and made the threads they contributed to better then it would have been without them. They were attractive together, each had children and were a very cute blended family. They married before they both had health problems. I have lost track of them. I hope they are O.K. and if anyone knows anything about how they are doing please orgnote me.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/05/17 10:41am

kewlschool

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

imago said:

Don't do it.




The way I read your post "Don't do it" and then "f**k off" in your signature. So my assumption is that you are telling me not to "f**k off".

I knew I was still your boo! hug

He has many boos. I know what a manwhore! mad eek lol

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/05/17 11:12am

RodeoSchro

avatar

kewlschool said:

RodeoSchro said:




The way I read your post "Don't do it" and then "f**k off" in your signature. So my assumption is that you are telling me not to "f**k off".

I knew I was still your boo! hug

He has many boos. I know what a manwhore! mad eek lol



eek eek eek eek eek eek eek


mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/05/17 11:47am

ThisOne

The org is a dating site
Art Official Age
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/05/17 2:49pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

sad very sweet..

Deadflow3r said:

I remember one couple Punkmistress and JerseyChris. Both of them were funny and made the threads they contributed to better then it would have been without them. They were attractive together, each had children and were a very cute blended family. They married before they both had health problems. I have lost track of them. I hope they are O.K. and if anyone knows anything about how they are doing please orgnote me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/05/17 2:55pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

MORE MORE MORE! cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/05/17 3:08pm

RenHoek

avatar

moderator

imago said:

Don't do it.

Holy shit!!! You dusty bastard, nice to see you orging again... tonk

A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/05/17 3:53pm

peedub

avatar

i've dated 4 ladies that i met via online dating sites. i met all 4 of them because my profile specifically states i am a prince fan and we started bullshitting about prince records.

one of those nice ladies was the first to inform me that prince had died. she's a sweetheart.


1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.)


i voted for bernie in the primary. i didn't vote in the general election because the lesser of two evils is a bullshit proposition i refuse to participate in. i rolled my eyes real hard when trump won.

1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one.

nope.

2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.)

i was aware from 1999, but converted to hardcore when i saw the 1987 mtv video music awards performance. that shit flipped my wig.

3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts?

i like stuff that exploits it's medium and defies adaptation. original, well-crafted, doesn't require explanation.

4) How you view and value life?

i'm pretty cynical, but i've got a 10 yr old son, so shit kind of averages out.

5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship?

if i knew, i'd probably not be single. forgiveness? patience? your gonna need some of that.

6) Could you date someone of a different race/background?

i prefer non-white women, but i like 'em all. background might be a different story. don't think i'd want to hook up with some types.

7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun.

i absolutely do not have a sense of humor. i do have cool sideburns, though. i read, make, collect, trade and look at books a lot.

[Edited 7/5/17 18:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/05/17 4:35pm

funkycat00

avatar

1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.) Nobody.Not into politics.

1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one. Hell to the naw!

2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.) Probably the Batman era. I wore out the Batdance single multiple times lol!

3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts? Eye candy.

4) How you view and value life? Life's a garden dig it!

5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship? Trust, loyalty, and common interest.

6) Could you date someone of a different race/background? Sure.

7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun. Of course! I make costumes, and go to anime cons with friends. Mostly to mingle wink
[Edited 7/5/17 16:36pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/05/17 4:45pm

morningsong

MD431Madcat said:

Are there any?

sounds like cool concept to me..

heart + prince = cool


A lot of hook-ups have happened on the org, especially in the photowhoring days, which don't seem to click anymore, but it still looks like people are hooking up just not as frequently.

I think it's more about where you live. Because personally I've never dated anyone that was not a Prince fan on some level yet it was never a thing that I had to actively look for in a person. But I live where one isn't bascially an outcast because they like Prince music. Even after years of being on the org I never really could get the concept of putting that as a priority on the list. But it seems it is priority on quite a few people's list.

[Edited 7/5/17 16:51pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/05/17 4:47pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Moonbeam and Diva. They got married. They had their wedding pics on the org. They are on Facebook and I swear they have not aged eek . And they have a cute little boy.

http://prince.org/msg/100/199104

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/05/17 9:02pm

PurpleDorothy

avatar

Too bad I have to be up for work at 5am. Nice discussion here. I'm looking forward to replying more when I get home from work tomorrow night. Work for me equals funky long hours. confused
"As long as I can hear you smilin' baby
You won't hear my tears."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/06/17 1:29pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

cool

peedub said:

i've dated 4 ladies that i met via online dating sites. i met all 4 of them because my profile specifically states i am a prince fan and we started bullshitting about prince records.

one of those nice ladies was the first to inform me that prince had died. she's a sweetheart.


1a) Who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential election? (If American.)


i voted for bernie in the primary. i didn't vote in the general election because the lesser of two evils is a bullshit proposition i refuse to participate in. i rolled my eyes real hard when trump won.

1b) Are you on a sex offender list or your country of origin's version of one.

nope.

2)How did you get into Prince? ( If from the org.)

i was aware from 1999, but converted to hardcore when i saw the 1987 mtv video music awards performance. that shit flipped my wig.

3) What moves you, in relation to music, movies and any of the arts?

i like stuff that exploits it's medium and defies adaptation. original, well-crafted, doesn't require explanation.

4) How you view and value life?

i'm pretty cynical, but i've got a 10 yr old son, so shit kind of averages out.

5) What do you consider to be the foundation of a strong relationship?

if i knew, i'd probably not be single. forgiveness? patience? your gonna need some of that.

6) Could you date someone of a different race/background?

i prefer non-white women, but i like 'em all. background might be a different story. don't think i'd want to hook up with some types.

7) Do you have a sense of humor and what do you do for fun.

i absolutely do not have a sense of humor. i do have cool sideburns, though. i read, make, collect, trade and look at books a lot.

[Edited 7/5/17 18:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Prince fan dating sites.. ?