independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Are you ready for Fall? (Northern hemisphere question of course)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/06/15 6:13am

PurpleJedi

avatar

Are you ready for Fall? (Northern hemisphere question of course)

It's a beautiful day here today.

Sunny, warm (not hot), crisp breeze in the air...I would've called in sick from work if I didn't have a deadline to meet.
sun

THEN IT HIT ME...! This feels like Fall! shake

THEN I look at my emails, and stores are advertising their FALL merchandise!!!! faint

I AM NOT READY FOR FALL. Nope. hmph!

I'm still in summer mode and wish to remain so for at least another 60 days. I don't want to even THINK about having to take the kids back-to-school shopping, about having to pull out all of the "warm" clothes to be washed and put away the summer stuff. I don't want to think about anything other than the beach.

Yet...it's just around the corner...


WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Are you one of those people already stockpiling turtlenecks and bookbags?

ARE YOU READY FOR FALL???

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/06/15 7:15am

missfee

avatar

nod Yep, I'm ready. I love the Fall. My birthday is the end of next month, and that is just around the time when the weather starts to get really Fall-like in my city. Love it!

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/06/15 7:36am

PurpleJedi

avatar

missfee said:

nod Yep, I'm ready. I love the Fall. My birthday is the end of next month, and that is just around the time when the weather starts to get really Fall-like in my city. Love it!


cool

I think that my problem has to do with the fact that I haven't yet taken my "summer vacation" with the family, and I'm already seeing fall clothing & autumn decorations for sale.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/06/15 7:59am

NorthC

No way, it's mid summer! Even thinking about woollen sweaters makes me feel hot. sun
[Edited 8/6/15 8:01am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/06/15 8:49am

PurpleJedi

avatar

NorthC said:

No way, it's mid summer! Even thinking about woollen sweaters makes me feel hot. sun [Edited 8/6/15 8:01am]



thumbs up!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/06/15 10:43am

morningsong

If it'll give me a break from all these weeks of hot humid weather, yep, bring Fall on. This climate change stuff is annoying, don't ya' know.


Generally, nope, Fall isn't a big deal for me, there's no seasons here (so they say) it only means Christmas, thereby the end of the year, is around the corner. Time keeps on slipping into the future.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/06/15 10:50am

kitbradley

avatar

I LOVE Autumn! It's absolutely my favorite time of year. I just feel so much more alive and peaceful during that time of year. Bring it on!!! headbang headbang headbang








[Edited 8/6/15 10:50am]

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/06/15 11:48am

PurpleJedi

avatar

morningsong said:

If it'll give me a break from all these weeks of hot humid weather, yep, bring Fall on. This climate change stuff is annoying, don't ya' know.


Generally, nope, Fall isn't a big deal for me, there's no seasons here (so they say) it only means Christmas, thereby the end of the year, is around the corner. Time keeps on slipping into the future.


lol

San Diego (and your nearly perfect weather) isn't allowed on this thread. fishslap

razz

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/06/15 11:49am

PurpleJedi

avatar

kitbradley said:

I LOVE Autumn! It's absolutely my favorite time of year. I just feel so much more alive and peaceful during that time of year. Bring it on!!! headbang headbang headbang



Fall means back-to-school so for me it's anything BUT peaceful!

In fact I'm already knee-deep in PTA crap and it's just barely August. neutral

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/06/15 1:03pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PurpleJedi said:

missfee said:

nod Yep, I'm ready. I love the Fall. My birthday is the end of next month, and that is just around the time when the weather starts to get really Fall-like in my city. Love it!


cool

I think that my problem has to do with the fact that I haven't yet taken my "summer vacation" with the family, and I'm already seeing fall clothing & autumn decorations for sale.

lol

I know what you mean

that is just commercialism at work.
Everything is a month and 1/2 ahead now School Halloween Thanksgiveing the 4th etc

.

Remember, as a parent you get September as summertime the Fall is late Sept/October

.

Man, youth has mess us all up lol it's a shock that extends into adulthood that August triggers fears of 'Back To School'

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
What's the matter with your life...?
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
https://www.youtube.com/w...7Xc21b6BYE
Keep Looking
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/06/15 2:08pm

prittypriss

OldFriends4Sale said:

PurpleJedi said:


cool

I think that my problem has to do with the fact that I haven't yet taken my "summer vacation" with the family, and I'm already seeing fall clothing & autumn decorations for sale.

lol

I know what you mean

that is just commercialism at work.
Everything is a month and 1/2 ahead now School Halloween Thanksgiveing the 4th etc

.

Remember, as a parent you get September as summertime the Fall is late Sept/October

.

Man, youth has mess us all up lol it's a shock that extends into adulthood that August triggers fears of 'Back To School'

.

Where I am, August *is* back to school. My kids start August 17th. Ugh. I'm not ready!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/06/15 2:32pm

hifidelity67

Weird humid summer, it's gett'n old. Bring on fall
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/06/15 3:22pm

XxAxX

avatar

it seems like a second ago it was june.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/06/15 6:28pm

Hudson

avatar

Hell yes. I hate the hot weather. October weather is best.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/06/15 9:00pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

prittypriss said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

lol

I know what you mean

that is just commercialism at work.
Everything is a month and 1/2 ahead now School Halloween Thanksgiveing the 4th etc

.

Remember, as a parent you get September as summertime the Fall is late Sept/October

.

Man, youth has mess us all up lol it's a shock that extends into adulthood that August triggers fears of 'Back To School'

.

Where I am, August *is* back to school. My kids start August 17th. Ugh. I'm not ready!

But you get 2 months of summer weather while your kids are at school right?

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
What's the matter with your life...?
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
https://www.youtube.com/w...7Xc21b6BYE
Keep Looking
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/07/15 7:43am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

SO ready! It's my FAVORITE time of year!

VOTE....EARLY
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/07/15 8:26am

PurpleJedi

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

PurpleJedi said:


cool

I think that my problem has to do with the fact that I haven't yet taken my "summer vacation" with the family, and I'm already seeing fall clothing & autumn decorations for sale.

lol

I know what you mean

that is just commercialism at work.
Everything is a month and 1/2 ahead now School Halloween Thanksgiveing the 4th etc

.

Remember, as a parent you get September as summertime the Fall is late Sept/October

.

Man, youth has mess us all up lol it's a shock that extends into adulthood that August triggers fears of 'Back To School'


Yeah...September to me is definitely NOT summertime anymore.

pout

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/07/15 8:26am

PurpleJedi

avatar

prittypriss said:

.

Where I am, August *is* back to school. My kids start August 17th. Ugh. I'm not ready!


shake

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/07/15 8:27am

PurpleJedi

avatar

hifidelity67 said:

Weird humid summer, it's gett'n old. Bring on fall


It's beautiful here today...no humidity...high of only 83º...PERFECT.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/07/15 8:28am

PurpleJedi

avatar

XxAxX said:

it seems like a second ago it was june.....


Yes!!!

One minute I'm getting ready for Minneapolis, the next I'm getting ready for Back-to-school.

WTF!?!?!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/07/15 8:29am

PurpleJedi

avatar

Hudson said:

Hell yes. I hate the hot weather. October weather is best.


I prefer Spring to Fall, so May weather is better IMO.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/07/15 10:45am

NorthC

PurpleJedi said:



Hudson said:


Hell yes. I hate the hot weather. October weather is best.




I prefer Spring to Fall, so May weather is better IMO.



Fall is beautiful too, with the leaves turning brown and all that. Winter is okay too, I don't mind cold. The wheather I hate the most iswhen it's windy and rainy and here in Holland, that's usually what we get in October and especially November. No! Don't think about it yet! Not yet! disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/07/15 2:14pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

NorthC said:

PurpleJedi said:


I prefer Spring to Fall, so May weather is better IMO.

Fall is beautiful too, with the leaves turning brown and all that. Winter is okay too, I don't mind cold. The wheather I hate the most iswhen it's windy and rainy and here in Holland, that's usually what we get in October and especially November. No! Don't think about it yet! Not yet! disbelief


thumbs up!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/07/15 8:19pm

Lammastide

avatar

I've been ready for Fall 2015 since the final day of Fall 2014. Winter is cool, spring is OK, summer is lame. Fall beats them all.

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/09/15 11:44pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Lammastide said:

I've been ready for Fall 2015 since the final day of Fall 2014. Winter is cool, spring is OK, summer is lame. Fall beats them all.



thumbs up!

VOTE....EARLY
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Are you ready for Fall? (Northern hemisphere question of course)