independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Robin Williams has passed away
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/11/14 5:48pm

nammie

avatar

I wish him Heaven and I hope he will rest in peace now. Prayers are with him, his family, and friends.... He was one of a kind...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/11/14 5:54pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

TonyVanDam said:

missfee said:

Another comedic great gone. disbelief pray

And I still miss Richard & George. Now I'll miss Robin too. sad

I got in to it with someone over George (I assume Carlin).... they had some "quote" by him and all I said was "George did not say that" and dang....

But one of the most early memories of Robin was a tape I found with his comedy... I only rememer the "new your echo"

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/11/14 5:56pm

SeventeenDayze

This is heartbreaking....fighting tears here

RIP Robin, thanks for the laughs

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/11/14 5:56pm

TD3

avatar

wow... just wow. sad

RIP Robin Williams

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/11/14 5:58pm

psychodelicide

avatar

I'm in shock right now!! RIP Robin.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/11/14 6:03pm

GottaLetitgo

Completely stunning news. Robin Williams was a great actor and comedian who was apparently weighed down with enormous personal pain. Deap Poets Society is one of my Top 5 movies of all time and "O Captain My Captain" scene was one of the best ever scenes. Robin bounced between manic and gravitas in his movies and could do both equally well. They weren't all winners but even a bad Robin Williams movie is watchable (I've seen Patch Adams more times than I would like to admit). RIP Robin Williams

[Edited 8/11/14 18:03pm]

All good things they say never last...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/11/14 6:08pm

Shawy89

avatar

I'm literally shocked!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/11/14 6:09pm

SeventeenDayze

GottaLetitgo said:

Completely stunning news. Robin Williams was a great actor and comedian who was apparently weighed down with enormous personal pain. Deap Poets Society is one of my Top 5 movies of all time and "O Captain My Captain" scene was one of the best ever scenes. Robin bounced between manic and gravitas in his movies and could do both equally well. They weren't all winners but even a bad Robin Williams movie is watchable (I've seen Patch Adams more times than I would like to admit). RIP Robin Williams

[Edited 8/11/14 18:03pm]

Earlier today, I posted a song by Hector Lavoe in another thread that was basically about the pain and tears that an entertainer has because his job is to make everyone happy but nobody asks him how he's feeling. I think that applies to Robin's case as well. Nobody could have predicted this tragedy but it's safe to say he made us all laugh while he had enormous pain in his soul. RIP Robin, you're an American treasure.

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/11/14 6:10pm

728huey

avatar

OMG! omg omfg This is so tragic! bawl He was an amazing comedian and a great actor. I loved him going all the way back to Mork and Mindy but was also amazing in movies like The World According To Garp, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society, and Good Will Hunting. I only caught a couple of episodes of The Crazy Ones last season but he was good in that too. He was always sort of manic in his delivery, but he also had a lot of personal demons he was dealing with over his lifetime. I think he was bipolar and had a lot of drug issues due to self-medication. sad If he did take his own life due to depression, then this is so awful.

RIP Robin Williams. You will be missed greatly.

cry sad pray rose dove tv typing

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/11/14 6:12pm

SeventeenDayze

728huey said:

OMG! omg omfg This is so tragic! bawl He was an amazing comedian and a great actor. I loved him going all the way back to Mork and Mindy but was also amazing in movies like The World According To Garp, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society, and Good Will Hunting. I only caught a couple of episodes of The Crazy Ones last season but he was good in that too. He was always sort of manic in his delivery, but he also had a lot of personal demons he was dealing with over his lifetime. I think he was bipolar and had a lot of drug issues due to self-medication. sad If he did take his own life due to depression, then this is so awful.

RIP Robin Williams. You will be missed greatly.

cry sad pray rose dove tv typing

I think I read on TMZ that he checked into rehab just a month ago, if I remember correctly. We all grew up with Robin in our lives one way or another. This is like losing an Uncle in the family.

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/11/14 6:13pm

BlackandRising

OnlyNDaUsa said:

reports are coming in that Robin Williams has passed away.

I am shocked and saddened. It may have been a suicide. He was one of my favorite comedic acts. From Mork and Mindy to his films and his sometimes over the top stand up! He was a legend.

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

http://insidemovies.ew.co...ead-at-63/

[Edited 8/11/14 16:11pm]

Truly a sad day. I know that Robin Williams was better known for his comedic roles, but I have to say, I have always been more touched by his dramatic roles, like The Fisher King, Awakenings, etc. I seriously wonder what kind of person he had to be in able to go to either extreme with such ease.

My favorites from him were actually a guest spot he did on "Homicide: Life on the Streets", and The Fisher King. RIP Robin.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/11/14 6:13pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

omfg Robin Williams was just one of my all-time favorite people. I really do not want to believe he took his own life. bawl

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/11/14 6:16pm

SeventeenDayze

snl robin williams

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/11/14 6:18pm

free2bfreeda

oh no! rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose roserose rose
rose rose
Mr. Robin Williams will always be in my forever memories of joy and laughter. he was a great comedic entertainer. My sympathy to his family, friends and close associates.
“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/11/14 6:18pm

PrettyMan72

avatar

angel

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/11/14 6:24pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

I am shocked and saddened by this. I'm sorry to hear he was in so much pain sad R.I.P. Robin, thank you for sharing your gift and for leaving your legacy of laughter with us. pray rose

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/11/14 6:27pm

NinaB

avatar

BlackandRising said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


reports are coming in that Robin Williams has passed away.

I am shocked and saddened. It may have been a suicide. He was one of my favorite comedic acts. From Mork and Mindy to his films and his sometimes over the top stand up! He was a legend.




Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died




Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”





http://insidemovies.ew.co...ead-at-63/



[Edited 8/11/14 16:11pm]



Truly a sad day. I know that Robin Williams was better known for his comedic roles, but I have to say, I have always been more touched by his dramatic roles, like The Fisher King, Awakenings, etc. I seriously wonder what kind of person he had to be in able to go to either extreme with such ease.


My favorites from him were actually a guest spot he did on "Homicide: Life on the Streets", and The Fisher King. RIP Robin.



I agree. The Fisher King touched me too.
Also Awakenings & What Dreams May Come.
"We just let people talk & say whatever they want 2 say. 9 times out of 10, trust me, what's out there now, I wouldn't give nary one of these folks the time of day. That's why I don't say anything back, because there's so much that's wrong" - P, Dec '15
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/11/14 6:28pm

SeventeenDayze

If any of you watched his appearance on The Actor's Studio, you'll remember how hilarious it was and how he just took over the entire interview. It was hilarious. Seems that Youtube scrubbed the full length version some time ago but here's a clip of it:

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/11/14 6:34pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Damn sad
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m-SKLTxn_ck/UA6gHJkX2QI/AAAAAAAAAio/OaR5dIL-niM/s1600/popeye.jpg

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/11/14 6:36pm

love4a1000yrs

Robin Williams, "What Dreams May Come"

Thank you Robin for your natural talent in the laughter, love N Light you shared when you yourself lived your life in the shadows of sadness, depression and spiritual trials and tribulations.

I pray tonight that you have peace, joy and acquire the largest stage in heaven; where angels get to laugh with you. So much so, that their tears of joy ring rainbows across the earth's sky!, Love4a1000 yrs!

Thank you!
2 Serious 4 U 2 handle...
2 FUN That Most Won't know.
Created w/Love4Ever...me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/11/14 6:37pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Oh the Fisher King! YES!

A good friend has a wife that I call Lydia! Because of The Fisher King...



It is funny when I am with them and I call her that and her other friends and family are like "Who's Lydia"

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/11/14 6:45pm

SeventeenDayze

love4a1000yrs said:

Robin Williams, "What Dreams May Come" Thank you Robin for your natural talent in the laughter, love N Light you shared when you yourself lived your life in the shadows of sadness, depression and spiritual trials and tribulations. I pray tonight that you have peace, joy and acquire the largest stage in heaven; where angels get to laugh with you. So much so, that their tears of joy ring rainbows across the earth's sky!, Love4a1000 yrs! Thank you!

This is a nice tribute, Love4a....I miss this guy already. I mean, I never met him but I feel like he was part of my life. This one really hurts, badly. Never will there be another Robin Williams

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/11/14 6:46pm

veronikka

sad rose


[Edited 8/11/14 18:46pm]
Rhythm floods my heart♥The melody it feeds my soul
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/11/14 6:54pm

Ace

avatar

sad


Depression is a serious, serious thing, folks. There is no shame in taking medication for it.


I don't think I ever heard anybody say a single negative thing about this man. sad I can't even imagine what his children must be going through right now.


He was one of my childhood heroes. sad I am glad that he is no longer suffering, but wish that he would have reached out to someone who could have helped him. Such a waste.

Rest in peace, sir. tombstone rose

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/11/14 6:54pm

noimageatall

avatar

Still in tears. sad




Shine on in peace Robin...


"...Carpe diem, seize the day [everyone], make your lives extraordinary!!!"

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/11/14 6:59pm

SeventeenDayze

Ace said:

sad


Depression is a serious, serious thing, folks. There is no shame in taking medication for it.


I don't think I ever heard anybody say a single negative thing about this man. sad I can't even imagine what his children must be going through right now.


He was one of my childhood heroes. sad I am glad that he is no longer suffering, but wish that he would have reached out to someone who could have helped him. Such a waste.

Rest in peace, sir. tombstone rose

Well said, for some reason, "Tears of a Clown" comes to mind right now. Smokey really understood the heartache that entertainers deal with and apparently Robin was not immune either. I miss this guy already and it's sad that he took his own life because of his demons that he really tried to shake off. I saw an interesting tribute on social media both to Robin Williams and Michael Brown. It speaks volumes of how much we really need comedians in our lives to help heal the wounds of everyday life sometimes.

[Edited 8/11/14 19:01pm]

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/11/14 7:00pm

JoeBala

Questlove on Robin Williams: “Ain’t no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography!”

The Roots leader remembers an awesome elevator encounter with the late comedian

Topics: robin williams, Robin Williams Questlove, The Roots, questlove, Entertainment News

Questlove on Robin Williams: "Ain't no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography!"Robin Williams (Credit: AP/Tina Fineberg)

Questlove from the Roots ...n Williams this evening, and this reflection posted to the Roots’ leader’s Instagram page felt especially touching.

Man. The smallest gesture can mean the world to you. Robin Williams made such an impact on me and didn’t even know it. He named checked all of us in the elevator during the 2001 Grammys. I know y’all think I do this false modesty/T Swift “gee shucks” thing to the hilt. But yeah sometimes when you put 20 hour days in you do think it’s for naught and that it goes thankless. Grammy time is somewhat of a dark time simply because you just walk around asking yourself is it worth it or not: all the sweat and blood. I just felt like (despite winning grammy the year before) no one really cares all that much for us except for a select few. Especially in that environment I’m which people treat you like minions until they discover what you can do for them…if you’re not a strong character you run the risk of letting it get to you. This particular Sunday we were walking backstage and had to ride the elevator to the backstage area and we piled inside when suddenly this voice just said “questlove…..black thought….rahzel….the roots from Philadelphia!!!! That’s right you walked on this elevator saying to yourself “ain’t no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography”….we laughed so hard. That NEVER happened to us before. Someone a legend acknowledged us and really knew who we were (his son put him on to us) man it was a small 2 min moment in real life but that meant the world to me at the time. Everytime I saw him afterwards he tried to top his trivia knowledge on all things Roots associated. Simply because he knew that meant everything to me. May his family find peace at this sad time. I will miss Robin Williams. #RIP.

IMO his greatest dramatic performance, he just kills it!


http://www.cosmomovieawards.com/2002awards/images/onehourphoto.jpg

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/11/14 7:01pm

Dalia11

May he rest in Peace. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/11/14 7:01pm

728huey

avatar







tv typing

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/11/14 7:03pm

SeventeenDayze

JoeBala said:

Questlove on Robin Williams: “Ain’t no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography!”

The Roots leader remembers an awesome elevator encounter with the late comedian

Topics: robin williams, Robin Williams Questlove, The Roots, questlove, Entertainment News

Robin Williams (Credit: AP/Tina Fineberg)

Questlove from the Roots ...n Williams this evening, and this reflection posted to the Roots’ leader’s Instagram page felt especially touching.

Man. The smallest gesture can mean the world to you. Robin Williams made such an impact on me and didn’t even know it. He named checked all of us in the elevator during the 2001 Grammys. I know y’all think I do this false modesty/T Swift “gee shucks” thing to the hilt. But yeah sometimes when you put 20 hour days in you do think it’s for naught and that it goes thankless. Grammy time is somewhat of a dark time simply because you just walk around asking yourself is it worth it or not: all the sweat and blood. I just felt like (despite winning grammy the year before) no one really cares all that much for us except for a select few. Especially in that environment I’m which people treat you like minions until they discover what you can do for them…if you’re not a strong character you run the risk of letting it get to you. This particular Sunday we were walking backstage and had to ride the elevator to the backstage area and we piled inside when suddenly this voice just said “questlove…..black thought….rahzel….the roots from Philadelphia!!!! That’s right you walked on this elevator saying to yourself “ain’t no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography”….we laughed so hard. That NEVER happened to us before. Someone a legend acknowledged us and really knew who we were (his son put him on to us) man it was a small 2 min moment in real life but that meant the world to me at the time. Everytime I saw him afterwards he tried to top his trivia knowledge on all things Roots associated. Simply because he knew that meant everything to me. May his family find peace at this sad time. I will miss Robin Williams. #RIP.

IMO his greatest dramatic performance, he just kills it!


Great story, thanks for posting this. Shows how genuine Robin was...

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Robin Williams has passed away