independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 29th Feb 2020 12:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Favorite Books of 2013
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/17/13 6:23am

Empress

Favorite Books of 2013

I love to read and I'm always looking for new and interesting books, so I'm curious to know what books you've read over the past year and which were your favorites.

Here are a few of my favs:

And the Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini

Doctor Sleep - Stephen King

The Garden of Burning Sand - Corbin Addison

Bring Up the Bodies - Hilary Mantel

The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey

In the Shadow of the Banyon - Vaddey Ratner

Maya’s Notebook - Isabel Allende

I'm looking forward to reading Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch and Amy Tan's In the Valley of Amazement.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/17/13 3:37pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

mishlei/proverbs vol. 1 (eliezer ginsberg)

fascinating to learn the depths of meaning dug by sages over the ages

cosmic consciousness (r m bucke)

aside from some outdated ideas in the first couple chapters, an interesting study of illuminated people. prince seems to fit the profile for those illuminated folks.

to be healed by the earth (warren grossman)

one of the most useful books i've read, if you're into healing.

the world peace diet (will tuttle)

still a favorite this year.

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/17/13 6:24pm

dJJ

Best writer discovery 2013 for me was Jasper Fforde.

I read The Eyre Affair, and I'm so happy that is the first book of a sequal.


Loved the book, made me laugh and smile a lot.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/18/13 8:41am

Empress

dJJ said:

Best writer discovery 2013 for me was Jasper Fforde.

I read The Eyre Affair, and I'm so happy that is the first book of a sequal.


Loved the book, made me laugh and smile a lot.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

I will definitely look this up. Thanks for posting.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/18/13 8:58am

clubon36

avatar

dJJ said:Best writer discovery 2013 for me was Jasper Fforde.I read The Eyre Affair, and I'm so happy that is the first book of a sequal.Loved the book, made me laugh and smile a lot.I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I've read a couple of books in his series and they are a lot of fun! thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/18/13 11:12am

dJJ

Empress said:

dJJ said:

Best writer discovery 2013 for me was Jasper Fforde.

I read The Eyre Affair, and I'm so happy that is the first book of a sequal.


Loved the book, made me laugh and smile a lot.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

I will definitely look this up. Thanks for posting.



I think you will love The Eyre Affair. You'll apreciate the genius humour.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/09/14 3:00pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

oh one more...

the beauty detox foods -- kimberly snyder

-- green smoothies and salads have helped revolutionize my life! I used to need lotion and lip balm but all these vegetables are keeping me moisturized from within -- amazing!

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/10/14 8:38am

PurpleJedi

avatar

A whole year passed by and I didn't read anything.

disbelief

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Favorite Books of 2013