independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 20th May 2019 10:06am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Your favorite Docu
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/10/13 5:57pm

dJJ

Your favorite Docu

Just saw this.

Loved it.


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/10/13 6:35pm

HrdwcH

avatar

Just seen Blackfish.

Twas pretty intense. Truly a MUST C!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/10/13 8:17pm

KingBAD

avatar

there's a propaganda doucumentary put out by isreal

called "Education (1) a lesson in children's education"

it's hard to find any with a true Palestinian viewpoint

but "Palestine is Still the Issue" is also one to see...

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/10/13 10:23pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

I saw 'project nim'...staring nim chimpsky. He was a chimp who participated in a study refuting noahm chompsky's claim that language is uniquely human.


Very interesting and very sad. Aside from being stolen from his mother, he was treated well when wanted and abandoned when unneeded.


Clever little chimp he was. I can't lie....I cried during the movie...and I ain't one to cry during flix often.


[Edited 11/10/13 22:25pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/11/13 12:12am

RenHoek

avatar

moderator

fantastic film... starstarstarstarstar all the way!!!

A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/11/13 4:09am

BobGeorge909

avatar

RenHoek said:



fantastic film... starstarstarstarstar all the way!!!


I can't tell what movie it is...the pics broke.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/11/13 9:11am

RenHoek

avatar

moderator

BobGeorge909 said:

RenHoek said:

fantastic film... starstarstarstarstar all the way!!!

I can't tell what movie it is...the pics broke.

Dammit!! Religulous by Bill Maher...

A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/11/13 9:15am

Hudson

avatar

Watched this a couple weeks ago on youtube, really made me hate the MPAA.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/11/13 9:57am

morningsong

Triage: Dr. James Orbinski's Humanitarian Dilemma
Triage: Dr. James Orbinski's Humanitarian Dilemma


The Botany of Desire

The Botany of Desire

[img:$uid]http://i267.pho.../img:$uid]

The Human Experience

[Edited 11/12/13 20:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/11/13 11:28am

dJJ

Hudson said:

Watched this a couple weeks ago on youtube, really made me hate the MPAA.



Thank you, that is worrying indeed.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/11/13 10:37pm

XxAxX

avatar

i'm a documentary junkie. here's one i really liked

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/12/13 11:27am

Ace

avatar

KingBAD said:

there's a propaganda doucumentary put out by isreal

called "Education (1) a lesson in children's education"

it's hard to find any with a true Palestinian viewpoint

but "Palestine is Still the Issue" is also one to see...


Not possible to discuss it here without the thread being moved to P&R, but there is so much misinformation out there about Israel (all of it with anti-Semtic roots, if you do some digging). The documenatry 40 Shades of Grey might be a good starting point for a more a truthful representation of the situation:


http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/nicky-larkin-israel-is-a-refuge-but-a-refuge-under-siege-26830835.html

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/12/13 11:28am

Ace

avatar

RenHoek said:

BobGeorge909 said:

RenHoek said: I can't tell what movie it is...the pics broke.

Dammit!! Religulous by Bill Maher...


One of my favorites!

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/12/13 12:19pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

The best I ever saw was this one:

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/12/13 4:41pm

damosuzuki

avatar

Ants – Nature’s Secret Power

full documentary here:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...-gIx7LXcQM

Chasing Ice

Sick

The Thin Blue Line

Enemies of the People

[Edited 11/12/13 17:09pm]

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

http://www.thelifeyoucansave.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/12/13 5:13pm

iaminparties

avatar

Im skeptical of documentaries being documented infront of my eyes.

2014-Year of the Parties
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/13/13 1:02am

BobGeorge909

avatar

Ace said:



RenHoek said:




BobGeorge909 said:


RenHoek said: I can't tell what movie it is...the pics broke.


Dammit!! Religulous by Bill Maher...




One of my favorites!


Yeah...mine too. Y'all know how he's an animal lover...right? Near the town I live in...madisonville, there's an animal hospital called Maher per hospital. I think of bill every time I pass it.

http://maheranimalhospital.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/13/13 2:20am

Ace

avatar

BobGeorge909 said:

Ace said:


One of my favorites!

Yeah...mine too. Y'all know how he's an animal lover...right?


Yes!

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/13/13 2:44pm

RicoN

avatar

anything that Adam Curtis has made. utterly compelling.
Yes, I've probably made a spelling mistake, but I can't be arsed to go back and correc tit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/13/13 3:44pm

JoeTyler

avatar

I've never cared for documentaries, they just can't compete against a well-written/well-researched book, especially when it comes to history

[Edited 11/13/13 15:45pm]

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/13/13 3:50pm

RicoN

avatar

JoeTyler said:

I've never cared for documentaries, they just can't compete against a well-written/well-researched book, especially when it comes to history

[Edited 11/13/13 15:45pm]



if you're British Joe then try and find some Adam Curtis docco's to download, they are really well researched and put together. most of them were shown on the BBC.
Yes, I've probably made a spelling mistake, but I can't be arsed to go back and correc tit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/15/13 4:12pm

TD3

avatar

Harlan County, USA (1976) see it in its entirety via this link.

Documentary in part explains why the United States is so fucked up now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/15/13 4:54pm

Byron

[img:$uid]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DFR34S2DL.jpg[/img:$uid]





[img:$uid]http://www.traileraddict.com/content/unknown/talhotblond.jpg[/img:$uid]





[img:$uid]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/The_Wild_and_Wonderful_Whites_of_West_Virginia_poster.jpg[/img:$uid]





[img:$uid]http://wolflilt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Bus-174.jpeg[/img:$uid]


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/16/13 5:54pm

united1878

The Aristocrats
King Of Kong
wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/18/13 2:41pm

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/19/13 11:40am

BobGeorge909

avatar

united1878 said:

The Aristocrats
King Of Kong
wink


The king of Kong.


I so wish I could rock a mullet like that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/19/13 11:51am

RodeoSchro

avatar

dJJ said:

Just saw this.

Loved it.



You do know this is a propaganda film made by North Korea, correct?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/21/13 4:04pm

dJJ

RodeoSchro said:

dJJ said:

Just saw this.

Loved it.


You do know this is a propaganda film made by North Korea, correct?



Yes, and I still love it. It shows how information can be interpreted very differently when viewed through the glasses of a different culture.

It also shows that the one-sided view of Americans to look at their country constructs a very limited, filtered truth.

And I don't think that everything is nonsence, some angles are pretty eye opening. And others are hilareous.

However, if you only want to watch things that will twist and turn things exactly according your worldview, then it might not be a documentary for you.


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Your favorite Docu