independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jun 2019 3:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Kevin Hart: Sorry but this dude doesn't make me laugh
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 03/27/13 8:36pm

Cerebus

avatar

For me, his stuff always comes off like he's trying too hard. It's too forced, doesn't have enough of a natural flow. He's been at the last few NBA All-Star weekends and nothing he does make me laugh.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 03/27/13 9:50pm

Visionnaire

See, this is why I connect with y'all so much on this site.
Y'all smart enough to realize that humor is an incredibly subjective thing & therefore,
just because a comedian's comedy doesn't make you laugh doesn't mean he or she is not funny.
It just means that it's not your brand.
Oh sure, maybe there's one of two of you out there who are arrogant enough to believe that your taste in humor is the only true form of humor (or humour, depending which part of the world you're from),
but if there's one thing this thread proves, it's that most of y'all have a good objective head on your shoulders.
grouphug

Personally,
even though I've heard of Kevin Hart, I haven't seen anything that he's been involved with, movies or TV. So, technically speaking, I guess you could say that he hasn't made me laugh yet, either.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 03/27/13 10:12pm

SeventeenDayze

Cerebus said:

For me, his stuff always comes off like he's trying too hard. It's too forced, doesn't have enough of a natural flow. He's been at the last few NBA All-Star weekends and nothing he does make me laugh.

That's exactly how I feel about this dude. It always seems like he's missing something in his jokes. Just bores me to tears....further evidence that life is not fair when this dude is making millions and barely makes most people laugh lol

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 03/28/13 6:02am

Timmy84

Cerebus said:

For me, his stuff always comes off like he's trying too hard. It's too forced, doesn't have enough of a natural flow. He's been at the last few NBA All-Star weekends and nothing he does make me laugh.

I get that from him too. He has managed to make me chuckle on some of his jokes though but yeah.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 03/28/13 7:37pm

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Haters.

Yeah, dude is no prime Eddie Murphy, but who is.

Comedy is a whole different ball game then it was 20 years ago.

He really doesn't have any competition to make him better.

20 years ago, you had Rock, Martin Lawrence, Damon Wayans, Bernie Mac, Eddie Griffin, Dave Chappelle, Bill Bellamt, ect all working at the same time. Doin shows with each other, tryin to out do one another. That made them better. Before those, you had Murphy, Keenen Wayans, Arsenio, Robert Townsend, Sinbad, John Witherspoon, ect.

Who are Kevin Hart's peers? Lil Duval, DeRay Davis, seriously. And even then, with the comedy game how it is now, they aren't even working with each other like the previous list I just mentioned.

Do yourself a favor.........go see Marlon Wayans live and ask that question again.

Marlon is not even better than Shawn at stand up. lol

PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 03/28/13 8:03pm

Graycap23

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Graycap23 said:

Do yourself a favor.........go see Marlon Wayans live and ask that question again.

Marlon is not even better than Shawn at stand up. lol

I saw Marlon a few weeks ago. Dude had the crowd rolling 4 over 1.5 hours nonstop.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 03/29/13 2:44am

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Marlon is not even better than Shawn at stand up. lol

I saw Marlon a few weeks ago. Dude had the crowd rolling 4 over 1.5 hours nonstop.

Was he by himself? Cause he usualy opens for Shawn.

PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 03/29/13 5:35am

Graycap23

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Graycap23 said:

I saw Marlon a few weeks ago. Dude had the crowd rolling 4 over 1.5 hours nonstop.

Was he by himself? Cause he usualy opens for Shawn.

He was by himself in Atlanta.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 03/29/13 6:48am

Timmy84

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Marlon is not even better than Shawn at stand up. lol

I saw Marlon a few weeks ago. Dude had the crowd rolling 4 over 1.5 hours nonstop.

I bet he did. I haven't heard much from Shawn. I'm always hearing about Marlon doing stand-up...and doing it really good.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 03/29/13 6:55am

Graycap23

Timmy84 said:

Graycap23 said:

I saw Marlon a few weeks ago. Dude had the crowd rolling 4 over 1.5 hours nonstop.

I bet he did. I haven't heard much from Shawn. I'm always hearing about Marlon doing stand-up...and doing it really good.

I've seen every Black comedian alive since 1982. I've never laughed that hard as that night.

I have seen marlon since i left L.A. and had no idea he was that good.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 03/29/13 7:01am

Timmy84

Graycap23 said:

Timmy84 said:

I bet he did. I haven't heard much from Shawn. I'm always hearing about Marlon doing stand-up...and doing it really good.

I've seen every Black comedian alive since 1982. I've never laughed that hard as that night.

I have seen marlon since i left L.A. and had no idea he was that good.

Cool.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 03/29/13 9:18am

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Was he by himself? Cause he usualy opens for Shawn.

He was by himself in Atlanta.

I didn't know he was doin shows by himself yet. He just started doin stand up recently (like in 2010 or 2011 I think), to prepare for the Richard Pryor role.

Marlon while never really doin stand up until recently, is naturally funny. So his funny would easily convert onto the stage.

PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 03/29/13 9:36am

Graycap23

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Graycap23 said:

He was by himself in Atlanta.

I didn't know he was doin shows by himself yet. He just started doin stand up recently (like in 2010 or 2011 I think), to prepare for the Richard Pryor role.

Marlon while never really doin stand up until recently, is naturally funny. So his funny would easily convert onto the stage.

Marlon has some skills man. Dude was on fire that night.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 03/29/13 10:19am

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

I didn't know he was doin shows by himself yet. He just started doin stand up recently (like in 2010 or 2011 I think), to prepare for the Richard Pryor role.

Marlon while never really doin stand up until recently, is naturally funny. So his funny would easily convert onto the stage.

Marlon has some skills man. Dude was on fire that night.

Naw, I take your word for it. He is a Wayans.

Keenen was talking about doin a Wayans family tour after the Eddie tribute last year.

All of the Wayans have never done stand up at the same time.

Keenen started first, than Damon followed and closely behind was Kim. Once Shawn started, Keenen stopped stand up, then Kim stopped. This was all before 1990. Damon was on a off for years. Marlon than begins around 2010 or so.

The only Wayans out now doin stand up are Shawn, Marlon, Damon Jr. and Chaunte Wayans.

PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 03/29/13 10:21am

Graycap23

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Graycap23 said:

Marlon has some skills man. Dude was on fire that night.

Naw, I take your word for it. He is a Wayans.

Keenen was talking about doin a Wayans family tour after the Eddie tribute last year.

All of the Wayans have never done stand up at the same time.

Keenen started first, than Damon followed and closely behind was Kim. Once Shawn started, Keenen stopped stand up, then Kim stopped. This was all before 1990. Damon was on a off for years. Marlon than begins around 2010 or so.

The only Wayans out now doin stand up are Shawn, Marlon, Damon Jr. and Chaunte Wayans.

They approach it that way as 2 not compete with each other.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 03/29/13 11:12am

Timmy84

Graycap23 said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

Naw, I take your word for it. He is a Wayans.

Keenen was talking about doin a Wayans family tour after the Eddie tribute last year.

All of the Wayans have never done stand up at the same time.

Keenen started first, than Damon followed and closely behind was Kim. Once Shawn started, Keenen stopped stand up, then Kim stopped. This was all before 1990. Damon was on a off for years. Marlon than begins around 2010 or so.

The only Wayans out now doin stand up are Shawn, Marlon, Damon Jr. and Chaunte Wayans.

They approach it that way as 2 not compete with each other.

I have to admire the Wayans for being this close-knit. Some entertainment families are always in some "friendly competition"...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 03/29/13 1:15pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

I always felt Shawn was the least funny Wayans. He is actually shy also. When I met both he & Marlon. He couldn't even look me in the eye..Shawn worked behind the scenes on the movie "Dance Flick" also.

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Kevin Hart: Sorry but this dude doesn't make me laugh