independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 28th Feb 2020 1:08am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Ever sent an email to somebody by mistake?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/29/09 7:57am

Ace

avatar

Ever sent an email to somebody by mistake?

If so, any good stories?

Inquiring minds want to know! batting eyes
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/29/09 8:03am

Ace

avatar

Or how 'bout drunk-emailin'? batting eyes
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/29/09 8:03am

Mach

Yes

eek

I (we) write each other very sensual/erotic mails sometimes, my husband Michael and I biggrin

I accidently sent one to my brother Michael


eek

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/29/09 8:03am

JustErin

avatar

Drunk texts to the wrong people are always good times.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/29/09 8:04am

Mach

Ace said:

Or how 'bout drunk-emailin'? batting eyes


Nope

being drunk was a thing I gave up prior to raising our children

wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/29/09 8:07am

hemphizzx

avatar

Mach said:

Yes

eek

I (we) write each other very sensual/erotic mails sometimes, my husband Michael and I biggrin

I accidently sent one to my brother Michael


eek

lol



DOH !!!! hammer
sometimes it snows in april....
sometimes i feel so bad.....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/29/09 8:14am

Mach

hemphizzx said:

Mach said:

Yes

eek

I (we) write each other very sensual/erotic mails sometimes, my husband Michael and I biggrin

I accidently sent one to my brother Michael


eek

lol



DOH !!!! hammer


It's a good thing that was my fellow perv brotha and not my Mr SDA Minister Brother eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/29/09 10:12am

Ace

avatar

This is the email that inspired this thread:

Madonna was about 35 and Blaine was around 20.

P.S. Blaine used to spank Fiona Apple so hard that she had trouble sitting on her piano stool during some concerts.

P.P.S. I almost sent this email to my mother by accident. :lulz:
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/29/09 10:31am

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

My boss has done that twice.

First time, she was telling her boyfriend about something she was frustrated about that her ex-husband was doing and emailed it to her ex-husband by mistake.

Second time, she was emailing a co-worker about another frustrating co-worker and sent it to the frustrating co-worker by mistake.

I'll have to see if she had any bad results with those. She tells us about the mess ups, then doesn't tell us the aftermath.

rose
I'm firmly planted in denial
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/29/09 11:04am

Ace

avatar

Nothinbutjoy said:

My boss has done that twice.

First time, she was telling her boyfriend about something she was frustrated about that her ex-husband was doing and emailed it to her ex-husband by mistake.

Second time, she was emailing a co-worker about another frustrating co-worker and sent it to the frustrating co-worker by mistake.

I'll have to see if she had any bad results with those. She tells us about the mess ups, then doesn't tell us the aftermath.

rose

I'm gonna guess the latter engendered some activity. lol
"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/29/09 11:20am

damosuzuki

A few years back, a fellow that wasn't particularly respected by some of us at work was promoted to senior director. One of the managers I worked with was on the distribution list for the e-mail announcing his appointment, and he wrote a little comment stating "can you believe that idiot got that job" or words to that effect with the intent of flipping it to a few other managers. Somehow he managed to hit 'reply all' and sent the note without realizing what he's done, meaning his pissy little note ended up going to every senior person in the company: every vice president & director, the CEO, CFO, no exceptions. Definitely not a great moment for him professionally.
[Edited 5/29/09 11:22am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/29/09 12:39pm

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

Ace said:

Nothinbutjoy said:

My boss has done that twice.

First time, she was telling her boyfriend about something she was frustrated about that her ex-husband was doing and emailed it to her ex-husband by mistake.

Second time, she was emailing a co-worker about another frustrating co-worker and sent it to the frustrating co-worker by mistake.

I'll have to see if she had any bad results with those. She tells us about the mess ups, then doesn't tell us the aftermath.

rose

I'm gonna guess the latter engendered some activity. lol



giggle Not that she told US about!!
I'm firmly planted in denial
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/29/09 1:13pm

MoniGram

avatar

Ace said:

Or how 'bout drunk-emailin'? batting eyes



I have sent drunk texts. lol
Proud Memaw to Seyhan Olivia Christine ,Zoey Cirilo Jaylee & Ellie Abigail Lillian mushy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/29/09 4:07pm

iceblue07

avatar

Oh yes and bacause of it I no longer speak to the inlaws, haven't done for nearly 4 years and never will!!! It was an email ment for my partner but sent it to his mother by mistake!
Sometimes Life is like the post...You just don't get it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/29/09 7:59pm

ThreadBare

My best friend and I were e-mailing each other about her decision to break up with her boyfriend.

Then there was a break in our e-mail exchanges.

After some time, she e-mailed me to say that she'd accidentally e-mailed him something along the lines of, "Yeah, he's been really distant. We're going to need to have the talk tonight..."

doh!


disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/29/09 8:03pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

well..I sent an e-mail at work once to my supervisor, and I meant to cc the VP (Andy) and I cc'd my wife (Angie) instead.

boxed
By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/29/09 9:25pm

jone70

avatar

My graphic design friends and I have this uncanny knack to always see guys peeing on the street when are out. One day I get an email from the guy, subject line was something about Peers in public. It was a website of photos of people caught peeing in public places. (I read it as 'peers' not 'pee-ers'.)

Anyway, I noticed he cc'd a person from a company I knew they did major design work for and I thought that was kind of weird.

Soon I get a follow up email from him pleading "DO NOT REPLY ALL TO THAT EMAIL!" He meant to cc his wife (my friend) and instead cc'd a client whose name started with the same two letters.

Oops.
The check. The string he dropped. The Mona Lisa. The musical notes taken out of a hat. The glass. The toy shotgun painting. The things he found. Therefore, everything seen–every object, that is, plus the process of looking at it–is a Duchamp.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/30/09 8:59pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

jone70 said:

My graphic design friends and I have this uncanny knack to always see guys peeing on the street when are out. One day I get an email from the guy, subject line was something about Peers in public. It was a website of photos of people caught peeing in public places. (I read it as 'peers' not 'pee-ers'.)

Anyway, I noticed he cc'd a person from a company I knew they did major design work for and I thought that was kind of weird.

Soon I get a follow up email from him pleading "DO NOT REPLY ALL TO THAT EMAIL!" He meant to cc his wife (my friend) and instead cc'd a client whose name started with the same two letters.

Oops.


lol
By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Ever sent an email to somebody by mistake?